Monday, December 14, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Happy Birthday to my handsome husband. Thanks for being so positive, supportive of everything I do and making me laugh...everyday! I love you!
Happy 21st Jessie! You are a great sister and aunt to Whit. Thanks for ALWAYS babysitting on the drop of a whim... and taking us on many adventures. Also, thanks for capturing all of Whitneys moments.. I wouldn't have 1/2 the pictures I have if it weren't for you!
"Each time I walk with Abraham and Isaac on the road to Mount Moriah, I weep, knowing that Abraham does not know that there will be an angel and a ram in the thicket at the end of the journey. We are each in the middle of our earthly path, and we don't know the rest of our own stories. But we, as Abraham, are blessed with miracles.
I delight in the Lord's mercies and miracles. I know that His tender mercies and His miracles, large and small, are real. They come in His way and on His timetable. Sometimes it is not until we have reached our extremity. Jesus's disciples on the Sea of Galilee had to toil in rowing against a contrary wind all through the night before Jesus finally came to their aid. He did not come until the "fourth watch," meaning near dawn. Yet He did come. My testimony is that miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch."
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Our summer days have come and gone.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
As the day came closer a couple of concerns came up:
1. The location. Golds Gym on 13th.--Every time I go I see random people I haven't seen since high school, don't care about, and don't remember their names.. I pride myself in being pretty anti social and avoiding public places where their might be potentially awkward situations. This particular gym is a hot spot for awkward situations.
2. The classroom isn't "classroom friendly". There is a weight area right outside of the room with LARGE windows for "peeping Tom's". I don't want random people to see my awesome Latin dance moves. ;)
Night of the class, I decided to try and hide my identity by wearing an over sized sweatshirt and hat so nobody would recognize me and my sorry attempt at Latin dancing. When we got there it was super packed, I couldn't believe how many people would come to a Zumba class.. AANNDD I wasn't the only one who couldn't dance and nobody cared! Half way through the class, I completely forgot about how stupid I looked and started having fun! I LOVED it and might just become a regular attendee. Thanks mom for making me go!
The first song we danced to was Micheal Jackson's, Thriller, which was so fun. I came home totally high on endorphins-thinking I was pretty sweet-- and tried showing my dance moves to Danny. He thought it was hilarious.. so I still can't dance but I guess that is ok.. dancing is just not in the cards for me. Hopefully Whitney will get her daddy's dance skills!!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Whitney you love to read Goodnight Moon before you go to bed. We read it every night and always say good night to many things... your doll, the dogs, your books.. sometimes we even say good night to silly things like the lights, Parkers picture, the couch (anything to delay going to bed!) But lately you love to say "good night" to the moon too. Mommy and Daddy have to take you outside so you can find the moon and say good night to it. At least a dozen times through out the day you ask, "Where's moon?" and look for it in the sky. I respond, at least a dozen times, saying, "The moon is asleep. He will wake up tonight to watch over you while you sleep." You don't quite understand that concept yet and will ask me again and I will tell you again where it is. I don't mind though. I love you and love answering all of your questions. When you actually do see the moon at night -on walks or in the car you yell, "Moon!" point to it and do your cute little laugh. You get SO excited to see it. It makes me and daddy laugh. You are one very observant and persistant little girl. We love you!
Monday, October 5, 2009
I actually forgot this place existed.. It was fun though. We went in the afternoon and there was only a handful of people there. The kids had a blast. The babies favorite: the safari car ride. My favorite: the bumper cars with Gabi!
We went on probably the hottest day of the year with no strollers.. it was HOT!!
The babies loved the animals.. I don't have a favorite, I just remember the piercing HEAT..
Thanksgiving Point- Petting Zoo
Babies loved walking around and getting excited about the animals.
Their favorite: The pony ride!!
Gardner Village Petting Zoo-
My favorite! I love this little petting zoo and the babies do too!
They love walking around and getting a little treat at the candy store.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Danny, my parents, sister, and most my extended family are out of town this week in Lake Powell. Soooo jealous! I opted out this year for a few reasons one of which was little Whit. She would be a lot of work on a house boat with over 20 people, surrounded by water, she also HATES wearing a life jacket... so I thought that I would sit this one out and Danny would go. I was going to try and go for the weekend but couldn't get work off! Bummer!! Next year...
My brother Parker also didn't go. He had to stay home for school and football... And today was his big football game against Jordan. They did awesome and beat them 28 to 24. Whit and I LOVE to go to Parkers game and it is the highlight of our weeks!
Which brings me to my story..Whitney has a MAJOR, I'm talking MAJOR crush on Parker. She asks for Parker every day, I show her his picture and she says "My Parker." When she sees him she gets a really shy look on her face and turns her head and will never look directly at him, but the most awesome part.. she is a perfect angel when he is around.
After the game we went on a date (Me, Parker & Whit with Meg and Aaron) and normally when we go out to eat Whitney gets restless.. won't sit in the high chair for very long.. gets into everything.. makes big messes. Tonight, however, she was perfect. She just sat there and stared at Parker. After awhile she wanted to sit on his lap and she sat and didn't move. (NOTE: THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!) She was so good. I was equally shocked, when I tried to take her she said "no" and clung to Parker... she only wanted "my Parker".
After our date, when we got home and I was putting her to bed she made her bedtime requests which were: "My baba, my baby, my Parker!"
I love her!
This picture is completely unrelated but funny. She was telling Danny that she needed to poop so he rushed her into her potty and she sat, grunted, pushed, but no poop. We took her off and put her diaper back on. A few minutes later she said "poop" again. Danny rushed her back in, but didn't make it in time.. Better luck next time!
Friday, September 18, 2009
1. I am trying to introduce her to the concept of the toilet. Not necessarily potty training yet, but the idea that mommy and daddy go poop and pee on the toilet. We have taught her the "poop" baby sign language and when she is pooping, she tells me and does the sign. So the other day Danny was sitting on the couch and farted (Danny probably isn't going to be very excited that I am posting this) but she went up to him and kept on saying "Where's poop? Where's poop?" and tried looking at Danny's bum to find the poop. It was really funny! (Maybe you just had to be there.) :)
2. We went to the fair last week and she rode the ponies. She LOVED it and has discovered that Mo is a good substitute. She now strattles Mo every chance she gets and makes him take her on ponie rides. She obviously falls off, and falls hard but she thinks it's funny and gets right back on him. She is silly!
3. She has a very obsessive personality and her current obsession... listening to music and singing. She has a few "silly songs" that we listen to OVER and OVER again that she sings along to. If the song changes, she screams and says "no" until we turn it back. Whitneys top 4 songs: 4. I am a Child of God, 3. Pop Corn Popping the Apricot Tree, 2. Sean Kingstons "911" song, and.. the song we sing all day long...1. Skidamarink, I love you. She also loves to count to ten and sing the alphabet with mom.
4. Whitneys animal sounds. She seems to be really engrossed with any sort of animal/insect so we have been teaching her animal sounds.We also have the Planet Earth videos that she loves to watch. Funny animal moments: The other day she tried catching a fly in the house- chasing it around and all, she picks up ants and smashes them in between her fingers, at the fair she screamed and yelled "NO" at a lady who was looking a pig. Apparently, Whitney was the only one allowed to look at and touch the pig.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Yes, Whitney is screaming. She doesn't like pictures..
I think our favorite were the pigs! They were so funny.
They reminded us of fat Mo! He acts just like a pig, no joke!
The 3 amigos. Whit is trying to give Athan a kiss.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
1. I finally caved in and bought a car. Not for myself but for the little one. She had her big blue eyes set on the "Pink Barbie Mustang" but that was well out of my budget so we settled on something a little bit more economical... the red Cozy Coupe. And, quite a success it has been. She drives that thing all day long, drags her baby with her and likes to run into the dogs. When she wakes up she asks for her car. I give her her "ba ba" and she sits in it as she watches Little Einsteins. Perfect toy!
2. Star Wars. I have never seen the shows and Danny has been threatening me our entire marriage that one day we would have a Star Wars marathon and watch them all. This last week his threat became a reality. I caved and we watched.. every night.. AND quite to my surprise, I really liked them! I loved every cheesy, and theatrical comment Harrison Ford made and isn't he handsome?? I totally think so.
3. Last but not least, and probably the most important discovery.. Wizards of Waverly Place and Selena Gomez. On more than 1 occasion in the last 3 days I have come home and found Danny "glued to the tube" watching The Wizards of Waverly Place.. Not Sports Center, ESPN, the news, an adult sitcom... but a young teenage girl show about wizards. He then asked me if I would start DVRing the show so that we could watch more episodes. (And being the major GEEK that I am, I totally whole heartedly agreed. I love the Disney Channel.)
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
I LOVE the summer but I LOVE LOVE the fall! It is my favorite season and I can't wait for this year. Here is what I am looking forward to this fall:
- Sweatshirts and Jackets
- Good smelling "fall" candles
- Cool brisk evening walks to the park
- The anticipated arrival of baby Driggs
- Carving pumpkins
- Trick or treating with Whit. I love Halloween!
- Cheering on the Broncos every week with Danny
- Celebrating Danny's 28th Birthday
- Watching Parker play his 1st year of Highschool Football!!
- General Conference
- Sunday nights at grandma's with her homemade hot chocolate
- The red, yellow, and orange leaves that will cover my entire front yard
- Racking up all the leaves and playing in them with Whit, Danny, and our 2 overfed fat bulldogs
Monday, August 17, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
The day after I got home from girls camp we left for a trip with Danny's family to Island Park, Idaho. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to!! Julie's family (Danny's stepmom) has a cabin up with their own private dock on the lake--- AMAZING! The boating was awesome, weather was great, the scenery was crazy beautiful-- the only minor glitch was our very cute little toddler. She was good for the most part, but was teething and had a cough so she was a little bit onery, but that couldn't damper our spirits! We had a great time and -- as always-- came home with the vacation blues. Back to work..back to cleaning, laundry (the list could go on forever).. back to REAL life. But, as my sister Jessie would say, "Mindi, stop complaining. At least you got to go on a fun trip with your family!"-- I guess she is right!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
We had a lot of fun playing games, hiking, eating, having spiritual devotionals, and being together.-- Also just as important, I went a whole week with out any Diet Coke! I considered it my "detox" period and surprisingly it wasn't that bad. (I just ate a lot of candy and chocolate to compensate and probably gained 5 pounds doing so.)
I love my calling in the young womens, the girls I serve, and the leaders I serve with. I know that the Lord put has put me in young womens more for myself- to learn and grow- and hopefully along the way I can help someone else. We have such a unique group of girls coming from a variety of different backgrounds and hardships. I am amazed at their perseverance and steadfastness in the trials that they deal with. AMAZED!