Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Gracious Banker-

This past week was not a great week with my new budget. The day that the money was deposited into my "special budget account" I decided to go shopping. - Clothes shopping. There were lots of great sales going on and I just NEEDED some things for Whitney and myself, right? I get to the check out line to pay for all of the "goods" and when the lady told me the total it was a little bit higher than I had expected..ok a lot higher. I had spent over half my budget in 1 day at 1 store on stuff that we probably didn't really need. Oops! I felt really guilty because Danny is on this "lets save our money, pay off our house" kick so I decided not to tell Danny and thought...humm maybe we can just not eat this week, very selfish, I know. Well that didn't work. Danny said that we needed to do a Costco run. I got kinda nervous.. still didn't tell Danny about it until we were on our way to Costco and I said very nonchalantly "Well, I may have spent a lot this week on other things..." He gave me the look, I gave him the look (the innocent- I'm sorry I will never do it again -look) and I won. The gracious banker lent me some money to pay for our groceries! (Not that I gave him much of a choice and really-- Danny getting mad??-- Doesn't happen very often.)-- But he didn't let me off that easy. The Banker said that I will have to repay my debts through my budget this friday when the funds get deposited into my "special budget account." Darn budgets!

Note to self: Do the fun shopping AFTER the necessary shopping.

7 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

Ha ha ha... that is funny! I try to give Kyle a budget- it never works! What is Danny's secret?

Lindsey Sharp said...

I have so done that! Sometimes we would go to dinner and I would try to just sit there when the check came hoping he would forget I was suppose to pay!! you are lucky that you have such a gracious banker and that he is also a strict banker it will be better in the long run! that story is funny thanks for sharing!

Becka said...

I'm dreading the day we no longer live off student loans (well, not really - I'd love to stop racking up debt) because then we'll have to start budgeting too. I'm the one who needs the budget, so I'm taking notes from all your experiences! I love to shop, dang it!

Lauren Bigelow said...

oh Mindi, who can resist a great sale! You are so funny.

AG said...

I love it!! I am sure all the things you bought are so cute. Costco if the boys did not eat so much everything would be fine

Brittney N said...

Mindi--I laughed my head off while reading this! You and me are exactly the same! I have a budget of my own and I always end up going shopping for clothes and stuff we just don't need. By the end of my budget period we are so out of groceries it's not even funny. We end up living off cereal and milk! We do need to get together. Bridger would love to play with Whitney!

KP & Amy said...

That made me laugh! I am terrified of a budget because if I go shopping I hate telling myself no, I think it is so rude. Right now I am just avoiding the mall and any clothing stores.