Thursday, September 24, 2009

Date Night with Parker



Danny, my parents, sister, and most my extended family are out of town this week in Lake Powell. Soooo jealous! I opted out this year for a few reasons one of which was little Whit. She would be a lot of work on a house boat with over 20 people, surrounded by water, she also HATES wearing a life jacket... so I thought that I would sit this one out and Danny would go. I was going to try and go for the weekend but couldn't get work off! Bummer!! Next year...


My brother Parker also didn't go. He had to stay home for school and football... And today was his big football game against Jordan. They did awesome and beat them 28 to 24. Whit and I LOVE to go to Parkers game and it is the highlight of our weeks!


Which brings me to my story..Whitney has a MAJOR, I'm talking MAJOR crush on Parker. She asks for Parker every day, I show her his picture and she says "My Parker." When she sees him she gets a really shy look on her face and turns her head and will never look directly at him, but the most awesome part.. she is a perfect angel when he is around.


After the game we went on a date (Me, Parker & Whit with Meg and Aaron) and normally when we go out to eat Whitney gets restless.. won't sit in the high chair for very long.. gets into everything.. makes big messes. Tonight, however, she was perfect. She just sat there and stared at Parker. After awhile she wanted to sit on his lap and she sat and didn't move. (NOTE: THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!) She was so good. I was equally shocked, when I tried to take her she said "no" and clung to Parker... she only wanted "my Parker".

After our date, when we got home and I was putting her to bed she made her bedtime requests which were: "My baba, my baby, my Parker!"

I love her!


This picture is completely unrelated but funny. She was telling Danny that she needed to poop so he rushed her into her potty and she sat, grunted, pushed, but no poop. We took her off and put her diaper back on. A few minutes later she said "poop" again. Danny rushed her back in, but didn't make it in time.. Better luck next time!

6 comments:

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

She is so stinkin cute! We miss you guys... I was telling Mark last night he needed to set something up with Danny. She is so smart seriously, I watched that movie of her doing the animal noises and couldn't believe she could do that with how little she is. Lets get together soon, I have to see your little pumpkin in action. Not to mention we want to catch up with you guys too...

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

I think Parker needs a girlfriend to keep him on track! Ha.

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

That's adorable. Aren't uncles the best. My kids love their uncles too! How are you guys? Hopefully we'll see you sometime soon.

Kari said...

Parker is such a hunk. Whitney is one smart girl.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Who wouldn't love Parker? So cute!!!

Jen Bird said...

That is the cutest story ever!!! She's getting so big Mindi!! She's so adorable! You should just have Parker move in!! ;)