Friday, September 18, 2009

Whitney Update

An update on the little Whit monster. She is 17 months now and is so very busy. She is into everything-- screaming, pulling hair, hitting, scratching (timeout is a regular occurance in our house).. I keep telling myself this phase will pass but somedays/ most days I feel like I missed something along the way. Maybe I am just not doing it right, that I just created or enabled this bad behavior in her. Either way, we keep on trying and I love her, despite her bad moments. Here is what Whitney is learning and loves.



1. I am trying to introduce her to the concept of the toilet. Not necessarily potty training yet, but the idea that mommy and daddy go poop and pee on the toilet. We have taught her the "poop" baby sign language and when she is pooping, she tells me and does the sign. So the other day Danny was sitting on the couch and farted (Danny probably isn't going to be very excited that I am posting this) but she went up to him and kept on saying "Where's poop? Where's poop?" and tried looking at Danny's bum to find the poop. It was really funny! (Maybe you just had to be there.) :)



2. We went to the fair last week and she rode the ponies. She LOVED it and has discovered that Mo is a good substitute. She now strattles Mo every chance she gets and makes him take her on ponie rides. She obviously falls off, and falls hard but she thinks it's funny and gets right back on him. She is silly!



3. She has a very obsessive personality and her current obsession... listening to music and singing. She has a few "silly songs" that we listen to OVER and OVER again that she sings along to. If the song changes, she screams and says "no" until we turn it back. Whitneys top 4 songs: 4. I am a Child of God, 3. Pop Corn Popping the Apricot Tree, 2. Sean Kingstons "911" song, and.. the song we sing all day long...1. Skidamarink, I love you. She also loves to count to ten and sing the alphabet with mom.



4. Whitneys animal sounds. She seems to be really engrossed with any sort of animal/insect so we have been teaching her animal sounds.We also have the Planet Earth videos that she loves to watch. Funny animal moments: The other day she tried catching a fly in the house- chasing it around and all, she picks up ants and smashes them in between her fingers, at the fair she screamed and yelled "NO" at a lady who was looking a pig. Apparently, Whitney was the only one allowed to look at and touch the pig.

5 comments:

Dyana said...

She is really cute, Mindi!
You guys are fun to keep up with.

The Neilson Family said...

Love, Love that girl! Mind I love the video we need more of those!

tothe4thfloor said...

SOO cute!! I love that stage!

Lauren Bigelow said...

That was so adorable! She is a cutie and is getting so big!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

I totally need a video camera! So cute! It's good to know that I'm not the only one that gets so frustrated with my child!