Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School

I have decided and feel prompted that it is time that I started school again. I went and talked to a counselor and I have done all of my prerequisites to get into the nursing program at SLCC. I just need to apply and wait. The only problem is that it is a 2 year wait.. soo I might apply at some other universities in the area but most likely I will just wait and hopefully do the baby thing again. We shall see.. In the meantime there are some other classes that I can take now so that when I get into the program my work load won't be so much. I'm excited, should be interesting working out all the details. Danny's excited and is my biggest supporter. He says he can't wait until he can be the housewife! (Like it's easy or something?? Seriously, he will be in for a real treat!)

6 comments:

CoLiE-O said...

hi :) i occasionally check on your cute family (danny went to school with stanton and i). i'm currently in the nursing program (graduating this fall- YEA!!!!). it's been the hardest YET most rewarding thing i've done. its so worth it!! the waiting list is never as long as they say at SLCC. if you have any questions, i would love to help out a fellow nurse ;) don't get discouraged with the pre-reqs or the waiting list, that's their way of weeding out the "serious" students from the "so-so committed" students! good luck!!!

Becka said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I can't wait until it's my turn to finish, too. We had to postpone me until Ben is done, so hopefully I'll be starting up next fall!

AG said...

Can't wait to babysit Whit while your in classes:) you better let me a little.

Ashley and Ezra said...

You Go Girl! I look up to you for making your own decision to go back to school, and into something as great as nursing! Keep us updated on your process, and two years is plenty of time for another baby!!!

shreevit2beaver said...

I am taking my prerequisites so I can apply to the nursing program as well. good luck!

Missy said...

Yeah, I am so excited for you! That is awesome. As you know, I am a big fan of school (as long as I am all done...)