Sunday, August 2, 2009

Island Park


The day after I got home from girls camp we left for a trip with Danny's family to Island Park, Idaho. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to!! Julie's family (Danny's stepmom) has a cabin up with their own private dock on the lake--- AMAZING! The boating was awesome, weather was great, the scenery was crazy beautiful-- the only minor glitch was our very cute little toddler. She was good for the most part, but was teething and had a cough so she was a little bit onery, but that couldn't damper our spirits! We had a great time and -- as always-- came home with the vacation blues. Back to work..back to cleaning, laundry (the list could go on forever).. back to REAL life. But, as my sister Jessie would say, "Mindi, stop complaining. At least you got to go on a fun trip with your family!"-- I guess she is right!


I asked Danny really nicely if he would buy me this cabin and I would help pay for it with my "minimal" budget and he said "Fat chance in..." Bummer! Someday, right! (Hopeful thinking!)

It amazes me that people don't believe in a Supreme Being and that this earth is just a happenstance??? --It is too beautiful to be just an accident!





The dock. Us getting ready to go on our evening "cocktail" cruise.

My cute little Whitney helpers! She loves these 2.

3 comments:

Lindsey Sharp said...

I have heard it is really beautiful there but have never been! Looks like fun! Whitney is such a doll, really a beautiful girl! glad you guys had a good trip!

Amber said...

I love island park. My friend has a cabin up there we go to all the time. And the water is SO warm I love it!

this is audrey said...

oh my gosh,the prettiest scenery ever! It's like a painting!