Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girls Camp

We had great girls camp this last week at Heber Valley. We had cabins, toilets, showers, eletricity.. totally my kind of camping! Our camp director, Brenda, came up with our ward theme "Be still, dream big, and go forth." I think that this theme was very inspired for our girls at this time and also for myself. I love it and feel like it applies to every aspect of my life, in anything that I do.

We had a lot of fun playing games, hiking, eating, having spiritual devotionals, and being together.-- Also just as important, I went a whole week with out any Diet Coke! I considered it my "detox" period and surprisingly it wasn't that bad. (I just ate a lot of candy and chocolate to compensate and probably gained 5 pounds doing so.)

I love my calling in the young womens, the girls I serve, and the leaders I serve with. I know that the Lord put has put me in young womens more for myself- to learn and grow- and hopefully along the way I can help someone else. We have such a unique group of girls coming from a variety of different backgrounds and hardships. I am amazed at their perseverance and steadfastness in the trials that they deal with. AMAZED!


Our fearless hikers with President Hilton!

Missie going down the zip line. They had these fun challenge courses for the girls to do. One of them was a rope climb/zip line. It was very fun!
So beautiful.

The crew

The crew as we were waiting for the bus to come and get us!
c

1 comment:

shreevit2beaver said...

our girls just got home today from Heber Valley. Glad you had a good time.