Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today

We are trying out new methods of getting Hank to take naps. Ever since he has learned how to pull himself up in his crib, he hasn’t been going down as easily. I’m not good at the “cry it out method.” Although, if you choose to do that and it works for you, that’s great. It’s just not for me. It makes me sad hearing my babies cry. We have tried rocking him, but doesn’t like being cuddled. We have been using the baby swing and he falls asleep but he is getting too big for that. Yesterday when he woke up from his nap and I went to get him.. well he was no longer in his swing but playing on the ground. So the swing is out of the question. Today I put my ipod in his room and turned on Jon Schmidt and that seemed to do the trick. No crying, no fussing.. he went right to sleep.. and slept for 2 ½ hours! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this method will last!!

While Hank napped, Whit and I did this:




Final product:



This afternoon we went swimming at Alta Canyon with the young women and then came home and did a little bit of this:



Whitney's got the Bieber fever mixed with some Selena Gomez. A dynamic duo. :)

5 comments:

AG said...

What the heck.. those videos made me laugh so hard. Those faces are priceless!!! I want a manicure from her.. and I love her beiber fever!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I think I know who the next American idol is going to be. They are so cute. I will have to stop by so whit can do my nails.

Lauren Bigelow said...

So cute! Whitney seems so big to me! I love reading about your cute family!

Ashley and Ezra said...

How much does a manicure that that cost? So cute!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

MInd, my boy s totally need music or 'white noise' to go to sleep. They are funny at this age cuz sometimes I'll just put them in their crib and they'll sit and chatter with each other for sometimes up to 45 minutes. If they cry, I just give them their binki and lovey blanket and I have to cuddle them for a bit.
I also found that if my boys are over tired they totally cry when they take naps, so that might be part of it too. It's hard in the summer cuz all we want to do is play. Anyway, good luck!