Monday, July 11, 2011

Girls Camp 2011

Girls Camp 2011: Be More

We had stake girls camp this year and our theme was D&C 121:45. “..Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly…” I love it! Our stake decided to do a reality “Camp TV”. Each ward was assigned a different TV station. The priesthood was ESPN (Essential Service Priesthood Network). The stake young women leaders were CNN (Celestial News Network). Our ward was PBS: Be More. I loved our theme. There are so many area’s that we can Be More in. This year I was put in charge of the devotionals which was a welcome change! The last 2 year’s I have been in charge of crafts and they are A LOT of work! I had a fun time coming up with idea’s for the devotionals. We read a couple of children’s books (The Little Engine that Could and the Sneetches) and talked about ways that we can BE MORE Christlike and how we can BE MORE when we have the end in sight or in other words, how can having an eternal perspective can help us to BE MORE.

Highlights:
• Our 5 mile hike.. I am seriously out of shape!
• The flash mob dance to Selena Gomez, “Who Says” with the stake.
• Making adorable bracelets for victims of the tsunami in Japan.
• The awesome devotional from Laurel Christensen. I wish I would have taken notes, it was that good! The spirit was so strong and her message touched every person there!
• Funny moment: Being a mother of a 10 month old and still breast feeding.. you can imagine the girls response to seeing my gear. One of them asked it if my breast pump was a horn! It was pretty funny. (I guess you just had to be there. :))

As always, every year I am grateful to be surrounded by such strong young women and leaders. Their testimonies and steadfastness in the gospel, despite their hard circumstances and trials they go through, amazes me. I love and learn from them time and time again.




The 5 mile hikers

Canyon Rim girls and leaders

The cute girls

.. and leaders

Me getting my award from our youth leaders: Jamie, Cortney and Amy.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aubrey Doyle said...

What a fun entry! I love girl's camp and was seriously disappointed I wasn't called as camp director! I am so glad that it was such a success and you all had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

So Fun what a great leader you are!