Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our Adventure..

.. to the Great Salt Lake.

I have lived in Utah my whole life and have never been to the Great Salt Lake. Jessie, our adventure planner, planned this fun little adventure.
And it was just what I had expected.. desolate, hot, bug-infested.
The company and conversations were great: grandma Donna, mom, Jess, me and the kids.

We looked like the only "natives" there. There were a lot of tourists.. Europeans from the looks of it, floating in the salty lake.

I asked a man if it was worth it and he replied, "yes, I love it. It's amazing." Uh-huh.

I didn't actually get in the lake but Jessie, my mom and Whitney did and they did actually float.

I can check this off of my bucket list {although I'm pretty sure it was never on it} either way, I CAN say that I have now been to the GSL and don't need to go back for a good 20 years. ;)

Thanks for planning this activity Jess! We are always up for an adventure. :)







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

That is so funny because I have lived here all my life and never been to the great salt lake... and the way you make it sound, maybe I really dont need to! haha

Aubrey Doyle said...

It's funny, but when I was in college a friend and I (both native Utahns) came to Salt Lake for a party. We were driving somewhere near downtown and could not find a freeway entrance. We were stopped at a light and rolled our window down and I yelled to the guy next to us, "Hey! Do you know where a freeway entrance is?" He yelled back, "No. We're not from here. Do you know where the Great Salt Lake is?" I smiled and said "No. I have no idea." And he said, "Oh. Are you not from Utah, either?" We laughed and drove off.