Thursday, September 15, 2011

Minor Injuries





At the beginning of the summer Whitney had a nasty little "oowee" on her toe. She won't keep shoes on for the life of her and had stubbed it a couple of times. We kept a band aid on it and tried to clean it as often as she would let us. HOWEVER, Whitney is extremely dramatic when it comes to injuries and even the tiniest scrape is the end of the world.

One night I was explaining to her that we needed to clean it.. it was black from the day's adventures.. and she whined and cried Whitney style, of course and then I thought of a little idea and we had the following conversation:

Mom: Whit, why don't we pray to Heavenly Father and Jesus and they will help your toe feel better?

Whit (while whimpering): Ok, call them and tell them to come over.

Mom: Well, They live in heaven. They can't come down, but if we pray to them they can send the Holy Ghost to help you feel better.

Whit (now full fledge crying): I don't want a ghost to come to my house.

By this point I was losing her. She was SO scared a "ghost" was coming that the screaming and tears just kept on coming.

Goes to show how great of a mom I am. My almost sunbeam doesn't even know what the Holy Ghost is. We have a lot of work to do!


5 comments:

Sara Ihler said...

HAHAHAHA!! I am laughing so hard right now! You are the best mom ever and you should tell this story over and over and over again!

Aubrey Doyle said...

How cute is that! You are a fantastic mom, but what about those nursery teachers? :)

Oliver is a very dramatic boy when it comes to any sort of injury. It's extremely annoying. So annoying that I pretty much ignored him when he cut his foot yesterday, until I saw the blood all over the kitchen!

Kari said...

That is a great story and you are a great mom!

Ashley and Ezra said...

You just made my night! So Funny!

tothe4thfloor said...

Oh Mindi this reminds of an FHE lesson we had in California with Marisa a few months ago. I was teaching her about the Plan of Salvation and long story short it ended with M in major tears because she didn't want grandpa (wayne) to die. I was like...great...this did not go as planned...