Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder



My backyard is definitely NOT beautiful. There is no pretty landscaping or flowers. We have dead grass from the dogs doing their business and random holes from digging. There is so much work to be done.. VERY overwhelming to even THINK about. However, after “de- winterizing” it .. picking up dog poop.. for well over 3 hours with in the last couple of months… to my eyes, it is the most beautiful thing that I have and my greatest ally! I am GRATEFUL to have a fenced in backyard to let my little ball energy wear herself out in! I can hardly get her fed and dressed in the morning before she has gone through the doggie door and out for the day with the dogs and chickens. Last Monday was so nice, we were outside all day. Whitney came in at 8:30ish with Mo and Muffins.. dirty and worn out.. all in all she had spent about 7 hours playing outside and was exhausted! I have to work on Monday nights, super bummer.. but at least I work from home so it’s ok. This last Monday, I went outside to peek on the crew and this is what I found: Danny talking on his phone, Muffins was chasing Whitney (they love to chase each other), and Whitney- no pants, no diaper, and was running around naked… Not sure how long they were playing that game but I quickly fixed that problem. Our poor neighbors. A new fence is definitely on the “backyard renovation list.”

I can’t wait for more summer days to come.. wish they would come sooner.. and someday ours will be beautifully landscaped, but for now as long as the dog poop is picked up, it is the BEST and most BEAUTIFUL thing I have!



This is where Whitney and Mo hang out. They like to watch the neighbor kids. Everyday Whitney says "I want my cute friends to come over and play." She loves the cute girls.


2 comments:

Sara Ihler said...

You are so freaking cute...and I love your backyard too! Its good to see someone happy for the small things ;)

Heather said...

This really makes me want a big backyard! Usually I take Gracie somewhere (any field I can find!) and let her burn some energy. I would LOVE a backyard like yours. looks nice and spacious! Like Sara said, it's sure nice to see someone happy for what they have. :)

btw... What's your email? I have a private blog for Gracie and would love to add ya! Send it to heathtanner64@gmail.com