Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cookie Monsters





Here’s the deal.. I’m pretty sure I live with 2 cookie monsters that go by their alias names.. Danny and Whitney. I may have created these 2 monsters but what’s a girl to do when she has the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world? (No joke.) These chocolate chip cookies are a staple in our household, we make them weekly, and my family is hooked.

History of the recipe: I’m not sure where this recipe came from but it is for certain a family favorite passed down by my aunt Isabel. My cousins and I have been making these cookies since we could talk and always competed with each other to see who could make the best batch. My cousin Scooter was so cocky at one point that he didn’t even use measuring cups and just eye balled the recipe. I was in awe and thought that was SO cool. J His older sister Jenny put a stop to his cockiness and banned him from making the cookies all together. Fun memories. That was my life back then.. hanging out with my cousins.. making cookies, it was so simple and I loved it.

The tradition has continued and our little family makes these yummy treats all of the time. I have trained my monsters well too. Whitney pulls out all the ingredients (and she actually knows what to pull out) and Danny does the mixing and measuring. I sit and really do nothing but tell them what is next on the recipe. It’s a good system I’ve got going.. too bad it only works with cookies! The dough is by far the best part and we eat WAY more than our fair share.. so yummy. Danny is getting so good at it too that HE is now giving ME tips on how to make them better. So here you have it,

The Hart Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:

¾ C Crisco

½ C Sugar

1 C Brown Sugar

--mix—

2 Eggs

--mix—

2 ¼ C Flour

1 tsp Vanilla

1 tsp Baking Soda

1 tsp Salt

--mix—

Add ½ bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes (sometimes I bake them at 350 for a little bit longer)

Makes about 24ish cookies (depends on how much dough you eat!)

** Danny’s special tip: Add a little bit more flour to make a more fluffy cookie**

Enjoy! We will probably make and eat the dough for dinner tonight.. and the cookies for breakfast. It's an essential part of my monsters diet, they can't live without them.




9 comments:

Ashley Blackburn said...

Ok so that recipe is exactly like the cookies this guy I work with has brought to work. It's his grandma's recipe. I have made them twice because they're AMAZING. Only difference is we add oatmeal. You should try it!!! It's even better!

Heather said...

I'm for sure going to make these!

Heather said...

And I'm pretty sure my batch will only make 15, because I usually eat more dough than cookies! It's the best part.

Brittney N said...

Thanks for sharing! They really are the best cookies ever! Now I will be able to give Jake a run for his money. He makes some mean chocolate chip cookies!

The Neilson Family said...

This sounds delicious!! I can't wait for you to make them for me and I can try them! Ha Ha!!

Aubrey Doyle said...

I wonder how you stay so darn skinny with all of this cookie making going on!

Broadheads said...

I can wait to be off my diet so I can make some! Thanks that little whit is soooo cute!

Lauren Bigelow said...

I will definetly be trying these! Thanks Mindi!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Mindy... I LOVE your posts, I am always laughing. You are such a good little writer. We have cookies at least once a week in our house too so I'm excited to give these ones a try, just looking at the pictures makes me hungry. We need to get together again. Sorry we are such bad friends and never plan anything. I always am telling Mark that he should call Danny. Anyways at least I get to read what you are up to, You are too cute!