Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bulldogs


I really think that Bulldogs descended from pigs… Ok not really, but it is uncanny how similar they are and if I didn’t know any better, you could really convince me that they were related somehow. I am NOT a pig expert. I have only observed them at petting zoo’s and wheeler farm, but I am fascinated by them. I know they are mean little suckers, but they remind me so much of my bulldogs, it’s kinda weird. Here are the similarities I have observed in the short time I have observed pigs:

· They sleep the same. On their side sprawled out like they are going to DIE of overheat.

· They both roll in mud. (Mo’s favorite in the summer.)

· They have the same little snouts.

· They stink.

· They fart. And I’m talking like, clear out the room, open all of the windows, you can’t even breath.. types of farts.

· They snore really loud.

· They have curly tails. Our bulldogs don’t, but some do.

· They are S.T. U. B.B.O.R.N! I don’t know about pigs.. they appear to be stubborn like bulldogs.

· They look very similar. If we shaved Mo we might be able to pass him as a pig. We actually use to call him “cobasaw” which is Russian for sausage. He kinda looks like a fat sausage with tooth picks for legs.

I do love my dogs though. They have been so docile towards Whitney it’s amazing and it has been a huge relief! Muffins is a little bit more sophisticated and well behaved in public though… Mo doesn’t REALLY get it, most of the time. The cute neighbor girls love to come over and play with Mo in the back yard. After about 5 minutes, they always come in and say they are done. They say: “ Mo keeps knocking us over and keeps trying to do bad things to us.” (Interpretation: Mo knocks the girls down, has them pinned and tries to hump them!) Pigs might try to do that. I wouldn’t put it past them. Whitney, on the other hand, definitely has the reins on these two. She is in charge and trust me, they know it! She rides them, pushes them around, pokes them, even hits them (we are working on that) and my dogs.. have NEVER snapped! Pretty impressive. I have snapped many times with Whitney, it’s sad that my dogs are more patient than me!

So after reflecting on the past 5 years we have had these 2 fat things and despite their stinky stubbornness and many other quirky things they do … I’m sold on the breed… I am bulldog owner for life!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smile!