Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brotherly Love

Ward basketball is very intense and the boys get SO into it. I don't quite get it, but whatever. Danny loves playing basketball and our ward has a great team! We are in regions right now so this last weekend we had a lot of games. Danny says that he considers himself to be the "Matt Harping" of the team and that his specialties are bodying up and setting screens (half of which are moving). He has been playing really well and his secret of success (and motto for life) is "It's not skill but intensity!"-- And he is VERY intense on the court that it actually gives me anxiety.

Last Friday night there was a game that was way too physical for my likings, however I think I learned a great gospel principle!??! ;) Some guy pushed Danny really hard soo John (on our team) pushed him (the guy that pushed Danny) and got a technical, thhheeennn Mark (also on our team and Johns brother) got a technical for defending John and arguing with the ref. -- I think that is what happened?? We had 2 technicals and only 6 players so we only had 4 players on the court, but still dominated! But throughout all of the arguing/ complaining/ name calling, I thought, wow, there has to be a gospel principle tied in here somewhere? There was pushing and shoving, but they were just defending their teammate, right? BROTHERLY LOVE! Although it wasn't a "class A" performance of sportsmanship on our part (or the other team) I do have to hand it to the Canyon Rim Ward for having eachothers backs and for defending my hubby! Overall though, boys get too emotional playing basketball which is one of those things I will never quite understand!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I heard about that little quarrel..sounded pretty funny! It is amazing how ruff ward b-ball can be. Jed gets a little worked up over it too!

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Mindy you are too cute. I was laughing so hard when I read this. I love you guys so much...and tell Ddubb to take it easy! :) xoxo

Aubrey Doyle said...

To make the story even worse, the guy that John ended up pushing during this game had a little 'fight' with John last year, too. John pushed back and the guy dislocated his shoulder. Will he ever learn to control his temper (only during sports)?

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Mindy... you are so cute! I can't thank you enough for dinner the other night! That was so sweet of you guys to bring everything... which by the way I still need the recipe(racquel_chase@yahoo.com)I really hope we see you guys more! Whitney is a doll, I hope she wants to date Caden when they are older!