Monday, March 30, 2009

Ode to my One

Happy Birthday my love. I can’t believe you are 288 months today, and I can’t believe out little daughter is almost 12 months.

I married you when you were only 228 months. Looking back I can see that I robbed the cradle a bit. I was too caught up in passionate pursuit for love and eternity to realize at the time. You sure were beautiful back then, and now even more so as the mother of our little demon… precious demon… with a scream pitch so high, she could break fine china. I love you as a mother and as my best friend.

On special occasions such as this my mind turns to poetry to express my emotions.

So tiny and tiny(teeny), so little and petite,
Where is your bum?
So beautiful and darling, so pretty and sweet,
In 5th grade I would right sweat instead of sweet.
So smiley and white, so forgiving and meek,
You have put up with a lot of s.h.i.t.(I spelled that so don’t read it, spell it.)
So perfect and precious, so spiritual and so mine,
Thanks for your love.

I love you little Marie. Thanks for being my perfect wife. You mean more to me each day. I am excited to spend the rest of eternity together. And you know how long eternity is…”Picture a mountain, and every day a seagull flies to the top of that mountain and sharpens his beak. Once that mountain is ground down to nothing…that’s one day in eternity.”

M~arvelous
I~ntroverted
N~ice most of the time
D~arling
I~nteresting to watch

La u babe

8 comments:

tHe DaViS FaMiLY said...

Holy Cow..Hello Mindy! Just Wanted To Say Hi! Your Daughter SOOO Cute! Hope All Is Well With You! ;oD

The Neilson Family said...

Happy Birthday Mind! We hope you have a wonderful day. Danny great job you sure stepped it up! See you soon. Have a Happy Birthday love ya!

Becka said...

I'd say Danny's come a long way from "where do farts come from?" to a "passionate pursuit for love and eternity!"

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Happy B-Day! Danny... Where did you get that perspective on eternity? that was a really cool way to think of how long eternity is.

Missy said...

Happy B-day Mindi! And you go Danny! What a nice husband...

AG said...

That's an awesome poem. i love it danny!!! Ali

Heidi said...

Excuse me? Suddenly my romantic side is pale and bleak in comparison. What a gem this was! It made me smile. You two are too cute.

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mindi! We love you so very much! xoxo <3 Annie and Scott