Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our weekly review


Danny left  last Sunday morning for 3  lloonngg  weeks on a business trip to California..Sad.. (sigh) I’m really grateful for this business venture so it’s exciting, but we really REALLY miss him.
Whitney helped Parker ask his girlfriend, Brittany, to prom last Monday.  He and Jessie bought Whit, uh, a ‘princess’ dress from Kid to Kid to dress up in and had her deliver a cute message of some sort. Whit was all over it. Since then, the new dress has been worn every day..even slept in!

Every M W and F our ward does aerobics at the church. We have a variety of work out video’s that we do. We just bring the kiddos and they run around the church and play. It is really fantastic and my kids LOVE going! Wednesday morning Whit was dressed and ready to go in her princess get up. I was doing something in the kitchen and I heard her getting into something in the bathroom. I asked her what she was doing and she just said that she was brushing her teeth. I was so proud of her for doing that, with out me asking. WELL… I went into the bathroom and she was NOT brushing her teeth but rather putting on all my make up. Princesses need to wear make up.. according to her. As we were walking out the door she said to me, “Mom, everybody is going to FREAK because I look so pretty!” And, indeed everybody did. She kept telling me over and over again at the church, “Mom everyone freaked, huh.”
 **Note to self: Stop using the word  'freak' in my vocabulary.**

After aerobics Whit had earned a treat for good behavior so her reward was bubble gum from 7-11. We went and everybody gave her the same reaction.. “look at the pretty princess” reaction. Our cashier, whose nationality is Arabic- middle eastern- I think- said in his heavy accent, “ I could have been a king once.” And then pointed to his long mustache. I then responded, “Ya, like you could have been Aladdin.” He didn’t think it was that funny and didn’t even crack a smile or anything. I wasn’t trying to be rude, but just trying to paint a picture for my 3 year old of what kind of king he could be. Oops. We quickly left. Hopefully he won’t remember me the next time I go in. I would hate to have to switch gas stations. This 7-11 is so convenient and close!! ;)
**Note to self: Don’t call a stranger  Aladdin.**

We went to a couple of Parker’s Junior Jazz basketball games. Hank is so crazily obsessed with balls and shooting in the big hoop. Every timeout we would have to go and shoot the “ba ball”—as Hank would say—into the hoop.  He loves basketball and plays it all.day.long. at our house on his little hoop. It’s so cute and funny to watch him. WOW.. boys and girls are so different! I’ve got a super sassy princess and a little man that only cares about balls or “ba balls" and his mommy. So funny.


Other random highlights from the week:
We had a fun play group at Ali Micek’s house. Thanks for hosting Ali!

We went to Airborne and played with fun friends.

{Hank, Whit, Gates, Driggs, Charly and Gracie}

Friday night was spent playing all sorts of random games.  Muffins jumped into Hank’s crib and the 3 of them played for a long time. Sooo long that I was able to fold all my laundry AND put it away!
**Note to self: Make them play in the crib together more often. :)**




Through my work, I earned a movie on the clock so we went and saw This Is War and I really liked it. I thought it was cute and funny and I absolutely l.o.v.e Reese Witherspoon.

By the time Saturday hit I think we were all missing Danny! I was trying to figure out what I could do to keep the kiddo's entertained and luckily some cute young women in the ward  called to see if they could come over and play with the kids. So they did and we had a fun day playing the Kinect, watching movies, making cookies… etc

{The kids playing Dance 3 on the Kinect}

I love my kids! ;0



2 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

Wow! I am exhausted to just reading what you accomplished this week without Danny. You are truly such a fun mommy! Hang in there. Miss ya!

Lauren Bigelow said...

Wow three weeks is a long time! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun though!