Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Bright Light


Whenever anybody asks me about Hank and his demeanor, I never know what to say. He is just the sweetest, happiest baby boy alive. My mom said it best one time, Hank is just a “Bright Light.” I couldn’t have said it better myself. He is my bright light. He makes everything a little bit lighter, sweeter, for me. I’m in love with his blonde hair and his crazy blue eye’s. He is just my bright light.. can’t think of a better way to describe him. J

He is 11 months now and I feel like I blinked and this year went by in a flash. I remember just bringing him home from the hospital. It feels like yesterday to me. Weird. I love the stage that he is in right now. Here is what he is up to:

Standing and walking with everything. He has taken a few steps and I know it is only a matter of days that he will be walking everywhere.

He has tackled the stairs.

Eating solids very well. His favorite foods: Mac and Cheese, avocado’s, and pea’s.

No more breast feeding. I stopped at about 10 ½ months. I had a hard time with this because I get so attached to it and love it, but he was no longer interested, which is fine by me. We do bottle’s now and will start on whole milk soon.

He loves playing with Whitney!

He loves to read books and will sit on my lap forever and read.

He says: “mama” “dada”. He will “moo” when we ask him what a cow says. (We have been working on that for awhile.) He barks like a dog and when I say, “Where’s momma’s eye’s?” He will point to them.

He is a happy boy and we just LOVE HIM!!


I read this talk recently and loved this:

Children provide examples of some of the childlike qualities we need to develop or rediscover in ourselves in order to enter into the kingdom of heaven. They are bright spirits who are untarnished by the world—teachable and full of faith. It is no wonder the Savior has a special love and appreciation for little children.

Among the transcendent events of the Savior’s visit to the Americas, His tender ministry to the children stands apart. In a poignant way He reached out to each child.

“And he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.

“And when he had done this he wept. …

“And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones” (3 Nephi 17:21–23).

Elder M. Russell Ballard has taught us the importance of the Savior’s admonition to “behold your little ones” when he said: “Notice that He didn’t say ‘glance at them’ or ‘casually observe them’ or ‘occasionally take a look in their general direction.’ He said to behold them. To me that means that we should embrace them with our eyes and with our hearts; we should see and appreciate them for who they really are: spirit children of our Heavenly Father, with divine attributes” (“Behold Your Little Ones,”Tambuli, Oct. 1994, 40; emphasis added; “Great Shall Be the Peace of Thy Children,” Ensign, Apr. 1994, 59).







Just taking a little snooze on our evening walk.


Gotta love me a cute baby bum!


1 comment:

The Neilson Family said...

Oh cute little Hank! We love you. I can't believe how big he is getting! xoxo