Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our Last Month

This month has FLOWN by. I can't believe it! Having 2 kids is definitely an adjustment. A good adjustment. It's busy.. a good kind of busy. The type of busy I like. Feedings, baths, playing. It's a fun busy and I have enjoyed it. Here is a quick update on the family:

Little Hankie boy is getting so big! He is a great eater, sleeper and is so patient with Whitney. She likes to lay on top of him, kiss him 1000 x's a day, or she wants nothing to do with him. He is looking like Danny.. I'm thinking.. but that can totally change. He has such a sweet spirit and has been a very calm baby, thank goodness.

Whit... well she is either the sweetest thing or a little demon! We went to Lake Powell with my family a couple of weeks ago and she had a blast! We have started calling her DJ (Danny Junior) because she is for sure her dad in personality... to a tee. It worries me a little... She seems to have no fear when it comes to doing things. In Lake Powell, she loved riding the Jet Ski's and kept asking to go faster, loves tubing... she is dare devil like her dad which doesn't really excite me. On top of that, she loves to get naked and now that she is potty trained peeing outside has become her new thing. These last 2 days I have caught her outside in the front, pants down, sitting on the grass peeing. On one occasion, she peed on the cement and then was stomping in her pee with her bare feet. GROSS! That, for sure, is a Danny trait.. we all know how he has an affinity for going to the bathroom in random places.
Danny.. He is busy busy busy at work! Since he is in a sales position, he has to make sure he is meeting certain quota's so he has been having to work a lot to insure that he is making them. He leaves early and comes home late. It's hard sometimes but I am VERY grateful he HAS a job! He also got called as the Elder's Quorum President a couple of months ago so that keeps him busy too.

As for me, I have to go back to work in 2 days. :( I can't believe it has been 6 weeks since I had Hank.. We don't even have a good routine yet.. It feels too soon but I, as well, am VERY grateful that I have a job and a job that I can do from home that doesn't take me away from the kids that much! Our bishop was very true to his word, he did give me 3 weeks off to have the baby, 1 week to recover and then called me back into young women's. :) I am the miamaid counselor and I love it. I love the girls and enjoy spending time with them.

Life is busy but full of lots love and laughter.



We went up to Brighton to see the leaves, walk around Silver Lake and have a little picnic.


Danny and Hank at the Brighton/Hillcrest football game.
Whit and Hank relaxing on the house boat in Lake Powell



Whit was given this umbrella by our neighbor and she loves it. She is also wearing a chinese dress given to her by her grandma Lindsay and aunt Sherri from China town in San Fransisco. She loves to wear it! :)

2 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

Oh my gosh... He is sooo cute! I love that you have little mini Danny's running around... it sounds like your life is going to be BUSY!!! Your kids are adorable!

Amber said...

that is hilarious she peed on the grass!!! so funny! what a cute family you have! congrats again. xoxo