Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chocolate

I LOVE chocolate! I can pass up the salt, sugary sweet stuff but chocolate.. it's like a little piece of heaven for me. My favorite are these bad boys with a whooping 500 calories per chocolate donut. I don't care though, it's worth every single calorie... that was the case up until my little man decided for me that chocolate donuts are NOT the healthiest breakfast! Darn it. He is making me give up MY best- worst habit.

Since Hank's sole source of food is me, we have noticed a trend in his behavior with certain foods I eat and chocolate is one thing that he does not tolerate. Every time I have eaten a large amount of chocolate (which.. sadly.. is more times than I would like to admit), the following day he is very fussy.. like his little stomach is just hurting. Poor guy! So sadly, so sadly I have given up on my chocolate donuts and I have a MUCH happier baby and healthier mom. Now... I'm not giving up on chocolate completely.. heavens no, that would be against everything I believe in, but it's just not my "main food group" anymore. I have had to resort to bland- healthy breakfasts.. like wheat toast or oatmeal, boring! The things we sacrifice for our kids. :) All joking aside, I would sacrifice anything and everything I have for my kiddo's.. even if it meant giving up on chocolate donuts AND Diet Coke for the rest of my life.. I would do it because I love them THAT much!


Now cute Whitney, she loves the chocolate donuts just as much as me! I'm making her kick the habit too.. it's too much of a temptation having them around.

3 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

Oh Mind I am sorry!! Poor little Hank. Hopefully he will like those doughnuts as much as you guys do. Enjoy Halloween! Can't wait to see them in their costumes.

Angi Gerrie said...

I totally feel for you. I had to cut out chocolate for the first 2 or 3 months. He was fine after that, thank goodness... well not for my waist, but my chocolate filled veins are very happy.

Anonymous said...

Yes those are sinfully delicious! But He wont be eating from you forever so they can make a comeback soon. Good luck without them for a bit its very hard!