Monday, May 31, 2010

Danny and his "New Friend"

This all started 2 years ago, night before our anniversary, we were driving to the airport and got pulled over. Danny had a warrant out for his arrest (probably a couple at this point) for many unpaid tickets so the cop took him to jail. JAIL. I was pretty upset.. I had to pick him up at 3 am on our anniversary. To make matters worse, he made friends with one of the inmates who had to be well over 400 pounds and offered him a ride home. It didn’t help any that our whole car was dragging and the guy lived way out west somewhere. Danny, Danny.

Since then, I was under the impression that he had paid all of his tickets and fines… and to be quite honest, I’m pretty sure Danny thought that he had paid them too. A couple of months ago, he didn’t do a complete stop at a stop sign turning right.. got pulled over.. and apparently his license was suspended. Bummer. So he got a ticket. A week after that, he was going 45 in a 35 zone by Draper temple and got pulled over AGAIN with his license still being suspended. Bigger bummer. Turns out, Danny got a ticket in Iron County in 2005 that just posted onto his driving record this last year at which time they suspended his license. We never received notification of this nor did we know that it was suspended. We thought that all of the tickets had been paid.

Anyways to make a long story short, he had to go to court and the very nice {heavy sarcasm} judge put Danny on house arrest and he gets to wear a lovely ankle bracelet for 20 days. Lucky us, we get to pay $15 per day that the da*# bracelet is on… on top of the erroneous amount of fines that we have to pay. I’m talking HUGE amount of fines. You’re all jealous right? So Danny’s stipulations are this: he can go to work and home. That is pretty much it. He can only go to 1 hour of church too. Lucky for Danny, he gets to get out of a lot of “Mindi errands” for the next month.

So it’s just kinda funny, what else can it be? Danny isn’t a drunk driver.. He doesn’t drink. He doesn’t do drugs, never has. He isn’t a reckless driver and he doesn’t even poop out of car windows anymore.. (another long story.) I think it is ridiculous that this happened but a good lesson for us to learn, I guess. Danny’s mentality for years was that he was above the law..well that’s clearly not the case and eventually it will come back and bite ya real hard in the behind. If anything, learn from our mistakes. Pay your tickets so you don’t have to adorn yourself with a heavy black permanent jewelry piece that we like to call Danny’s “new friend.”



Danny has to charge his bracelet every night for a couple of hours. The first full day that he had it on was last Sunday and we both had to talk in church. Sometimes his "new friend" will talk to him or beep saying "low battery" or "battery full"... I was so nervous the whole time he gave his talk that it would start beeping.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats classic! a story Im sure I will share with friends!haha

Amber said...

that is so funny!

Aubrey Doyle said...

Hahaha! The story is even better in full detail! Poor Danny!

Lauren Bigelow said...

Mindi! We are laughing so hard right now! That's great you are so patient with everything, I would be so mad! Danny is such a looney toon!

Ashley and Ezra said...

Oh My Gosh!!! When we were at Darren's graduation BBQ, I asked Ez why you guys werent there, and he said that Scott told him Danny is on house arrest! I swear that guy has the worst luck!! I have to admit that I was laughing the whole time, but I really do feel so bad for you guys! On top of him being stuck at the house, you have all those unpaid tickets to pay! Im so sorry!

Lindsey Sharp said...

I can't believe what bad luck Danny has, that is so many times to get pulled over! I have to say I am laughing too, you guys are great!

Ashley Blackburn said...

Oh my gosh Mindi!! That is hilarious. Danny is so funny...but that is crazy. Good story for the grand kids!

Sara Ihler said...

My Danny said that he knew your Danny was alwasy destined to be a criminal. He also says the world is a safer place without him on the road ;) That is the best story EVER!! We love you guys

The McMullin Family said...

That is too funny! Now Danny can feel special because he gets to wear the same bling as many celebrities. He's officially in "the club".
That is too funny. Good thing is, Mindi, NOW you can make him do "Mindi errands" in the house. Oh, what great help he's going to be in the house the next month. LOL you guys crack me up and I don't even know Danny in person.

Heather said...

That is so freaking funny! I made Ryan come up and read this. We were both laughing.

Good luck with that. :)

Heather said...

Oh, and are you coming to Bunco this month?! I have been missing your cute face!