Thursday, July 26, 2012

Spontaneity

We went to 7 Peaks using our Pass of all Passes. I made Danny come because he had been out of town all week and we wanted to spend some time with him. The kids had a good time swimming and Parker and Danny did get their thrill in too by going on all the big rides. Going to 7 Peaks was not spontaneous.

Afterwards, however, Danny needed to go to Clearfield to my uncle Scott’s car lot , Jim’s Used Tires and Cars, to look at purchasing another car for the business. (Long story but not really a long story.. Danny now has to go to California for work EVERY week Monday thru Wednesday or Thursday.. depending on the week.. and he needs a car that he can just leave down there.) I kinda pitched a fit for having to drive all the way out there.. I blame it on the menstruation cycle.. but we went anyway, me very grudgingly.

Well, his car lot happens to be on the same exit to the Great Salt Lake, Antelope Drive. Danny has never been to the Great Salt Lake, we were already in our swim gear, so I spontaneously suggested that we go there. I’m not spontaneous at all, but Danny is, so he ran with the suggestion and we ended up spending our evening at the GSL. It turned out to be such a fun relaxing night. No pressures to be anywhere, the weather was amazingly cool and it was really really beautiful. The kids had so much fun playing in the sand (it almost felt like we were at the beach again.. almost.) The water is gross, but if you stay a little bit away from it and play in the sand it’s a lot of fun.  And there were Bison or Buffalo (I'm not sure what they are called) everywhere, which, of course the kids went crazy for!

*Note to Self: Be more spontaneous!*







7 Peak pic's.
Not the greatest pic's because they were taken with my phone but they will do..
 

The GSL.
 
 
 
 
Whit and I in the salty water.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lauren Bigelow said...

Hey I live right by clearfield right off of antelope drive! You should have spontaneously visited me!