Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Girls Camp

We got home for California on a Saturday night and then bright and early Monday morning I headed off to girls camp. We went to the Heber Valley camp this year and had a really good time. There is definitely a beautiful spirit up there. Our camp director was Tamra and she did a fantastic job!

Highlights from our trip:
*Laughing so hard that I peed my pants.. more than once.
*Forcing Brother Joseph to wear a tutu and making him sing "Call me Maybe."
*The lifeline.
*Canoeing and getting reprimended multiple times by the senior missionaries because we were having a water fight. So so funny! We really almost got kicked out.
*Our beautiful hike. We literally walked through a grove of butterflies. It was like their 'sacred sanctuary.' It was pretty amazing.
* The YCL's devotional.
*Listening to a senior missionary talk about how he saved a drowning squirrel and resisitated it.
*Testimony meeting.
*The challenge courses.
*Ooohhh the riddles and riddles and riddles we played.
*Lastly, coming home to my sweet babies.

I am grateful for the gospel in my life and for the oppurtinity I have to serve in young women's. I say this all the time, but I am really amazed by their righteous desires despite how hard their lives are. I feel pretty lucky that I am able to surround myself with such strong and noble spirits.

Our theme this year was "Seekers of the Treasure" so Tamra went with a pirate theme/activities. She challenged us throughout the week to think of the treasures that we seek after. As I was thinking about what treasures I got out of girls camp 2 main things stuck out to me.
1. The spirit up at girls camp was so strong and we felt it multiple times in every activity we did. I love the spirit and am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for that special gift in my life.
2. I treasure the young women of our ward.. and the church. They are beautiful strong girls and they are my examples.

Us preparing to leave.
 

For our service project we hauled the massive logs we are sitting on out of the mountain.. hence the picture.
 

Performing our skit.
 

Me and the YCL's.
 
On the way home we.. really me.. made brother Skoby stop at a gas station so we could get some Diet Coke with ice. It tasted sooo good!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: