Monday, December 12, 2011

The Tebow Fever-- We've Caught It!


A couple of weeks ago Danny asked me the following question: “Are you the happiest you have ever been?” I said, “yes” but thought what a weird question to ask me. So I asked him, “Are you the happiest you have ever been?” He responded, “Yes, because of Tim Tebow and the Broncos.” That’s awesome. He’s not the happiest because of me or the kids or a good job but the Bronco’s make him the happiest.

I knew what I was getting into when I married Danny and all of his Bronco craziness. We have an entire house filled with Bronco paraphernalia including but not excluding: blankets, sweatshirts, ties, shoes, hats, binkies, cups, snuggies, baby mobiles, posters, jersey’s, party supply stuff, chairs.. and that is just the tip of the ice berg. BUT, now that the Broncos have the “Chosen One” – as they call him—the Bronco fever has gone to a whole new level.

I have always enjoyed watching football but I would call myself a bandwagon fan. I really love to love any football player who is dating someone famous. I loved when Reggie dated Kim. It broke my heart when Tony broke up with cute Jess. And Tom and Giselle still seem to be going strong.. Tom seems to have some anger issue’s (I wouldn’t want to get on his bad side) but he is still fun to look at.

I also like to push my limits with Danny. See how far I can go. A couple of years ago, I jumped on the Drew Brees/ Saints bandwagon and really wanted a Saints sweatshirt. Danny got very mad and said that if there was anything in our house other than Bronco gear, he would throw it away. Totally rude, right?! Why can’t I support a different team? We don’t have to have the same teams.. but according to Danny we need to be united as a family.. whatever!

Even when the Broncos were terrible Danny was still loyal. He would try and convince me that Jay Cutler (who has recently been tied to Kristin Cavallari) was the best quarterback in the NFL … uh ok Danny. Sometimes your vision can become blinded when you love a team so much! Such was/is the case with him.

This season Danny bought Tim Tebow’s new book and has recommended that I read it. We have watched every Bronco game and every Tim Tebow documentary on TV.. together because we needed to be “united”, right. AND… I am finally sold. I love Tim Tebow. I love the Broncos this year and I’m about as crazy as Danny is. I have also reached a new low.. I watch Sportscenter all morning yesterday just to catch highlights and commentary on Tim Tebow and Danny wasn’t even home. What is wrong with me??? He has got me in some sort of trance. I love him! I love that he wears his religion on his sleeve. I love that he thanks “his Savior and Lord Jesus Christ” after every football game. I think it is awesome!! Way to stand up for what you believe despite what others will think. We need more of that!

So after reflecting on my 26 years of life, I do have to agree with Danny. I am the happiest I have ever been, in part, thanks to Tim Tebow and the Broncos. We have got the Tebow fever. Go Broncos and bring on the Patriots this week!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

We love Tim Tebow too. I don't know how he does it, but he's awesome.