Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Dreams Little Man

There is the sweetest lullaby by Dixie Chicks called Godspeed, Sweet Dreams. I re-discovered it a couple of weeks ago. It is beautiful. It reminds me of you.. little Hank.

I am in love. Hank, you are my most tender little man. I love your bright blue eyes.. I could stare at them forever. I love your blonde hair.. I love your big smiles, they are contagious and make my whole day! I love the big chunk that you are. You are your daddy's boy and I can't wait to see the great athlete I know you are becoming! I love your sweet spirit and calm personality. Every day I thank my Heavenly Father for trusting me and Danny enough to let you come to our family. The Lord has surely blessed us.

Hank your personality is quite opposite of your sister's. She is loud, busy and constantly needing attention. But you are calm and content to do just about whatever we need you to. You get dragged on lots of adventures but you don't mind. You don't like being cuddled and when you are tired, you like us to lay you in your crib.. with your binky and you put yourself to sleep. I don't know how we got off so easy with you. You hardly cry or fuss. You are just the best and I love you so much!

"..God bless mommy and matchbox cars
God bless daddy and thanks for the stars
God hears amen wherever you are
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed, sweet dreams."


Hank, you have started sitting up.. No rolling over yet but you like to sit up and grab at things.



First time eating cereal.


You are the sweetest little boy. I laid you down to take a nap and 1/2 hour later I came to check on you and you were wide awake playing with your feet.


Where's that bottom lip? One of Whit's favorite pastimes is playing Hide'n'seek so we hid you in the drawer.. She thought it was pretty hilarious when she found you and you just smiled back. Cute boy.

1 comment:

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Oh I love Hank! I hope the boys and Hank will be best buddies when they are older! He sure is a cute boy! Lucky Mommy's to be blessed with boys who will love them no matter what!