Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our "Love" Day

Valentine's day is a fun day but not really a big deal in our household. I like Valentine's day though...don't get me wrong. I will milk any holiday that I can. But, it's just funny. We express our love to our loved ones just 1 day... does it mean that I get to be nasty the other 364 days?? I think we should express love to all those we love all the time.. just my opinion though. Danny is always the best on Valentines day. He really knows how to go aaalll out (HEAVY sarcasm.) When we were dating, we celebrated 1 year on a double date with Jared and Ang. They bought us Wendy's and served us sparkling cider with their shirts off and bow tie's. Last year, he was a hopeless romantic and bought me (really himself and Whit) a turtle. 3 years ago he thought that I would LOVE fake flowers so he bought me fake roses and printed a fake $100 bill saying "Lets go on a trip".. that never happened. Now 2 years ago was the best... he actually had the nerve to get the fake flowers (that he bought me the year before) out of our garage and re- gifted them to me. They were still dusty from spending a year in the garage!! Seriously, Danny!

This year was perfect, though. He did get me real flowers (he will never make that mistake again) and when I got done working that night, all the lights were off, some good 80's love music was on, and Whit was sitting at the table pouring herself Diet Coke into a champagne glass. :) She cracks me up! We enjoyed my favorite meal.. Little Caesar's Pizza with crazy bread.. and danced with our kids in the candle light. Oh and to top it off.. Danny bought me some very nice and expensive Ralph Lauren perfume.. from the Dollar Store. :)


Whit decorating the table for me. Mo.. hiding under the table just waiting for someone to drop him some food.




We decided to do some Valentine's for a few of Whit's friends this year. They said "Pucker Up" and we gave her friends a little lapstick and lip candy. Whit had so much fun delivering the valentines and giving her friends her favorite thing... lapsticks of course! She would knock on the door and then run as fast as she could back to the car. I seriously love her.

5 comments:

Heather said...

This post totally made me smile. You are so funny! That is such a cute little idea to do gifts for friends. Gracie would be ALL over that! Ya, I like to milk Valentines Day for all it's worth, but I think Anniversaries are much more special and I would way rather go all out for that! ;)

Heather said...

PS... I haven't seen you forever. :( Hope all is well girl!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Wow Your husband sounds ubber romantic like so many others teehee

Amber said...

so fun! danny is so creative and funny! love it. and the lapstick story still cracks me up!!!

Jamie said...

Oh Mindi...I love you guys! I love how your not-so-perfect Valentines Day, couldn't really get more perfect...I mean...Dollar Store Perfume!!
Love your hair too, super cute!