Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Maniac Magee


Our ward has a book club each month and Maniac Magee was June's book. I was a little bit behind this month and didn't make it to the discussion part (VERY sad!) but I just finished this book and it was by far one of my FAVORITE books I have ever read, thanks Jeanne for picking it! The author, Jerry Spinelli, is so creative in his writing and I love the vocubulary he uses to describe certain situations. The book is a childrens book, yet there are some pretty deep issues that arise. I cried, laughed and loved the creative descriptions by the author. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a fun easy read. I promise, you'll love it!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'll have to add it to my list, sounds good! Thanks for the suggestion! =)

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Thanks! I've been looking for an easy read!