Tuesday, August 17, 2010

All good things must come to an end..

"Day by day, minute by minute, second by second we went from where we were to where we are now. The lives of all of us, of course, go through similar alterations and changes. The difference between the changes in my life and the changes in yours is only in the details. Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes.

This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now."

--President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday was a bitter sweet day. I kinda knew some "changes" were going to take place but sometimes you still just aren't prepared. After serving in yw's for 4 years, our presidency got released. It's weird thinking that the last 4 years every Wednesday night and Sunday's were devoted to our cute girls and now I feel a little bit lost. What am I going to do with all of my time? Yesterday I had to give away my binder and all of my young women stuff to the new counselor and I had a really hard time parting with it. It's stupid, I know.. but it was like giving away the last 4 years of my life to someone else. I loved the girls and leaders and they became my best friends.. really. We had such a good thing going for us and I am sad that it has come to an end. It is good though. Change is necessary and I am super excited for the new presidency. I think that they will do an awesome job. Bishop said that he will give me 3 weeks off to have the baby and then 1 week to recuperate before he will give me a new calling.. We will see if that holds true. :) So wherever I go, I will go happily but I will never forget the fun, sweet moments I had with the leaders and girls and the life long friendships I have made with both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have soooo been there and done that oh wait you were my little young woman who I had to let go of very hard. But youll make it!