Friday, March 19, 2010

They came 2 by 2



We love our pets and think that 2 is a better number than 1! 2 heads are better than 1. 2 dogs are better than 1 soo we also decided that 2 turtles are better than 1 too! These are not just turtles either, they are tortoise's that will live over 100 years old and weigh over a hundred pounds!! Yikes, I don't think I really know what I have gotten myself into. Our new teeny tiny turtle (that's what we call him, we haven't named him yet) was given to us by Jared who also got himself another one and got one for Darren. So we all have "brother" turtles! :) Cute boys. We had a little scare with the teeny tiny turtle..didn't know if he would survive.. (it's a long story) but things are looking better and he sure is a handsome little guy. My little Whitster L.O.V.E's these turtles. Every morning when she wakes up she runs into the turtle room and says "good morning" and has to hold and feed them breakfast.


But MORE exciting than that (what could be more exciting than turtles, right?), is baby number 2 that is making me very sick and growing very fast in my tummy! Yep, we are PREGNANT!! We are super excited and can't wait to have a little friend for Whitney to play with. I am 16 weeks ( 4 months) and am due September 6th. I have been sick... but that is good, right?!(I have to keep telling myself that.) We find out on April 8th the sex and I honestly have no prediction on if it is going to be a boy or girl. I would be happy with either.. we are just excited for another little baby.





Whit with Val.



And the teeny tiny turtle.

22 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

We are so happy for you two!! Darren can't wait to get his turtle. Than they all can name them together. Sorry you have been so sick. Call me soon!

Dyana said...

Such exciting news....Your FAMILY is multiplying like rabbits!. Hope you feel 100% very soon! Congrats!

Sara Ihler said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so excited for you guys! Congrats. We miss you guys!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

yeah!!! Congrats to your beautiful growing family!!! So happy for you!

Becka said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! How far apart will they be? (The kids, not the turtles:) Hang in there!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

Congratulations! Such exciting news! And I can't believe you are taking on 100 pound turtles!

Meghann said...

Congratulations! You're going to have another adorable baby! Yay!

Lauren Bigelow said...

Wow 100 pounds! That's crazy Mindi! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

Janna said...

Congrats you guys. That is so exciting. Are we going to see you at the beach house?

Lindsey Sharp said...

Congratulations you guys! How fun! I love your turtles by the way, and I can't believe they are going to get to 100 pounds! That is nuts! HOpe you start feeling better soon, sick is no fun!

Lindsey Sharp said...

oh and I have to say Whitney is just beautiful!

Jamie said...

Congrats Mindi and Danny! So exciting...I've been wondering when I was going to read the baby #2 post! It's so exciting, there really is something fun about little babies! Can't wait to find out what you are having....april 8th!

Jodi said...

I am so excited for you guys...can't wait to hear what you are having. The turtles are cute I just can't believe how big they get and how long they live. WOW!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

MIndi! I'm so excited for you guys! You are such a cute mom, and I think Whit definitely needs a new playmate! Congrats!

Jamie said...

Mindi..even the last newest one?? Like Forest Born or something? I haven't read that one...need too! So glad you read those! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Amber said...

congrats! so exciting!!! :) :) :)

Erin Bradley said...

Congrats, glad to hear your cute, fun family is expanding! Whitney will love having a sibling...and lots of pets:)

We are pregger's with our third...so just a month behind you!

AG said...

I am obviously so so excited about little baby! 6th, coming up so soon! YEAH!!

Chris and Hilary said...

That's awesome! How exciting, congrats!!

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

Congrats! Hopefully you are out of the sickness stage and onto the better.... wait is there a better part?!!! jk That is awesome!

Lindsay Wright said...

Congrats you guys!!! That is sooooo exciting. I was laughing so hard at your post about all the animals you have. I have no idea how you are managing that, a little one and are pregnant all at the same time. Amazing! cant wait to find out what you are having.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. Happy late Birthday too.