Monday, February 9, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes

So all I ever blog about is Whitney. I know that is pretty lame, but I don't have much going on in my life other than her. And I have lately been contemplating going private, haven't decided for sure what I am going to do and I will likely stay public. However, I kinda want to start using my blog as more of a journal on things I do, impressions that I have, and print it at the end of each year, and I'm not sure I want anyone to have "free rein" on that. So, I might create an entire different blog that is private. SO PRETTY MUCH I haven't decided anything and writing it down has been a big waste of time and pretty pointless.

But in an attempt to update my blog just to update my blog here is what we have been up to:


Anyone who knows Danny knows that whenever he has an idea or puts his mind to something it's all or nothing! Danny has started a new "lifestyle"-- that's what he calls it. Where he has started eating healthy and exercising. (I'm not quite sure what his previous "lifestyle" was) anyways he has been very VERY disciplined and I am very impressed! He is SO disciplined that he has completely stopped drinking Diet Coke. SHOCKING!! So far he has lost 12 pounds and is still going. It has been great and I have found that I have started eating healthier because of it. There are not many downsides to this except that he has learned a hard lesson--- not to try and enforce his "lifestyle" on his loved ones aka-- me. We had an incident a couple of weeks ago at the grocery store. I wanted to buy a package of chocolate cupcakes and he said I didn't need them and then gave me a 5 minute lecture on why they are so bad for you. Well, I really wanted the cupcakes and I made a little scene in the middle of the grocery store and said something on the lines of "Danny give me the damn cupcakes!" I didn't get the cupcakes, but when we got home and I made a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies just to spite him! So now when I need something sweet I give my nephew Dom (who lives with us) $5 and he walks down the street to the Hostess Cupcake store to buy his crazy aunt some cupcakes!


Whit continues to be my little side kick. She is so funny and stubborn and makes me laugh all day! Life is good, we are happy and healthy and very excited for spring to come!







Whitney has decided that she likes bottles again after going about 4 months without taking one, we are all very happy about that!


She hasn't really learned how to share yet and doesn't let Camden play with any of her toys. We're working on that one!


She LOVES standing!


She likes to stand and play in her crib and she always pulls down her Bronco Mobile.







She likes to say "hi" and wave to you! So fun!

10 comments:

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Mindi you are so dang cute! I would have been so upset about those cupcakes too and anyway you are a little tiny thing that truly deserves a treat now and then...tell Danny not be jealous of your amazing figure ;) However, I can't beleive that he is doing so awesome with his new "lifestyle" and even more so with no Diet Coke...I need to see this new Danny!

Whit is getting cutter everytime I see her! So I know V-Day is this weekend..but we miss you guys so much and want to hang out. We were talking about how silly it is that we live so close but only see each other like once a month...it's a busy time but for real we need to work on that. Sorry I didn't mean to write you a novel but I love you sweetie and your post was so cute...I hope we see you soon!

darin.garner said...

I know how you feel...I love that Dane loves to be in good shape but I dont need him telling me to work out too or even tell me what I should and shouldn't eat. We've had plenty of arguments like that ha..sometimes marriage is so fun

Dyana said...

Whitney is worth posting every time! She is adorable....I just might have to use her to model some of my cute bow and flowers on headbands & beanies....what do you think?

Dyana said...

I would love for you to come by anytime, I am home almost everyday...all day....just not this Thursday (I won't be home.)
Call me! Do you have my number?

Missy said...

Don't worry about only posting about Whitney, I love hearing all the cute things she does, like not sharing... I love it!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

I think I need to come live with Danny, I need a someone to enforce a "lifestyle change" on me!

Porters said...

oh that is so funny...I had to laugh out loud when I read that

Aubrey Doyle said...

The cupcake story is hilarious! I'm glad you came home and made cookies! You are so funny!

And who wouldn't love a little more Whitney? She's too cute not to write about her!

I have been thinking about going private, too, but I do have a totally private blog for me to write more personal things that I don't the world to read about! I will combine them when I print them out!

Heidi said...

Whitney is adorable. Now on to the cupcake situation. I can relate. Mark is always giving me the stink eye when I eat something that isn’t healthy. Even though I have caught him sneaking junk food. You guys are sooo cute. I want to come visit teach you one day again. See ya.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

I love reading your posts, they always make me laugh! I can't believe how big whitney is getting and we've only seen her once! Remember when we hung out we said we would do that every month and we haven't hung out sense! At least we have blogs so we can see what is going on! Your baby is adorable!