Sunday, April 13, 2008

One for the money......

They say a picture is worth a thousand words… well I’m going to use a thousand words to paint a picture…mental picture.

Silly due dates, tricks are for kids. We are now one day past the day that our baby was supposed to come out. I don’t blame the doctors. I blame technology. I told Mindi today that it would make it a little more convenient for me if she would just reach up there, grab the baby’s ear, and pull her out. If it really even is a girl, it’s hard to know that for sure the way technology has already lied to us about the day she was to be born. I had a dream the other night that we left our new baby in our room on the bed and when we came back in the dogs were walking on her, but she was beautiful and little.

I am in awe that this time of our life is here. Everyone keeps telling us that our life will never be the same. Almost like….sucker! lol Just kidding, it’s usually followed up with a nice, “but it’s all worth it”. The baby’s room is ready and so am I.

Mindi already has expressed this, but I would like to add my gratitude for everything our friends and family have done for us. We have felt overwhelmingly blessed with all of the support and generosity from all of you and we thank you very much. Brooke, Mindi’s friend, I would like to particularly thank you for the Broncos cooler bag. I don’t know if it’s impolite to express favorite gifts, so I’m not going to be so blunt, but I really liked yours! Mindi and I speak often of all we have and all we are blessed with. Our family and friends are a giant part of that. We love you all, and we’ll keep you posted with our posts.

P.S. Tonight, I am making Mindi a 65 oz Gatorade with cayenne pepper, after which we will go on a 5 mile jog, followed by 5 minutes of passion, possibly longer! Hopefully, that will get the week started off on the right “baby’s”foot!

12 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Come on do anything to get that baby out, I want to meet her! Great post!

tothe4thfloor said...

I know you guys want Whitney here ASAP, especially Mindi because being so pregnant is no fun, but maybe Whitney should wait for this Thursday because that is Marisa's birthday. =o)

The Neilson Family said...

Hey you guys we sure miss you too! We wish we could share this fun time with ya. Dan I will get you some boxers still. They can be for Mind. Keep us updated luv ya!

Becca S. said...

If those things don't work Clint knows of a restaurant downtown that makes a pizza they gaurantee will put any woman into labor. I hope you won't need it!

Erin Bradley said...

Danny, Thanks for the shout out! The Nelson house holds some serious memories back in the good old days huh? Mindi, you look adorable. I love life with kids. They make everything so much fun. You guys are going to be FUN parents!! Hope all goes well and can't wait to see updates on the little one.

Jodi said...

Danny and Mindi,

Hey you guys! It's Jodi! I have to admit that I've been popping in on your cute blog every now and again to see if your little baby girl is here yet! I saw your link on Jamie's blog. I've been very excited for you guys!!! We had our little buddy in January and it is just so much fun! Don't let it scare you when people say that life is never the same. It's true, but it's in such a good way. I hope that everything goes perfect with your labor, Mindi and I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl. What an amazing time for you both. Good luck with everything.

Jodi (Adams) Bennett

Angi Gerrie said...

Hey! I found your blog on Cary's blog. I can't beleive that baby isn't here yet!

Cristine said...

None of that stuff works. I tried all of those things (minus the gatorade) with my first and I got nothin. Good luck and Happy Pushing. There are a few of us Hillcrest 4th warders who snoop your blog. Hope you don't mind:)

Lindsey Sharp said...

Hey good luck you guys!!! you are going to love being parents and love having a little girl!!! I put my blog on private so email me at mlasharp@gmail.com so I can invite you to view it! Anyway good luck!

Anika said...

Hi Mindi... my name is Anika... I saw your blog on Kira's and had to leave you a comment. I went to high school with Danny, and Angalee is one of my best friends (we grew up next door to each other). Anyway... I am trying to throw a shower for her and Hayli Stewart while Ang is in town and before Hayli moves for the summer. I wanted to send you an invite and need your address! My email is anika@unibase.us. Thanks so much!

Jen Bird said...

Congratulations Mindi and Danny! What a beautiful baby girl you made...LOVE her dark hair! Can't wait to see her again!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Mindi I want to look at picture of little Whit! I know I get to see her every day but I want to look at her while I am at work! Well she is almost one week old! Happy one week birthday!