Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Utah Jazz


Can I say how awesome the Utah Jazz are! Danny and I were able to go to the Jazz game on Thursday against the Lakers and although we lost (and by the way I HATE Koby Bryant and the Lakers- sorry Tim!) it was still such a fun atmosphere! We have such an awesome team with fun and- not to mention- cute players. We were only able to go to the 2nd half because Danny had a regional basketball game with our stake, but it was still fun. We each have our own Jersey. I have Okur and Danny has Kirilenko. I tried getting Danny to pose for me with his jersey but he refused and mine barely goes over my round belly!
I have always been a huge basketball fan. I love to watch it and love to play it. I remember playing Kyle on Sunday nights at Grandma's and making him cry often because I was so good and he couldn't hang with my mad skills! As soon as I have the baby, I'm going to start practicing again and I'm going to get really good, so watch out Kyle! The other day, I was going through all of my old journals and in almost every entry I would write about the Jazz, the games, or go off on how hot I thought Bryon Russell was. I have a detailed analysis of the 1996-1997 Jazz season, so if anyone needs any stats or anything of that sort, I have it all so let me know! :) --I even made a scrapbook from the newspaper articles. I was way GEEKED out! Here is one of my finer journal entries about the Jazz:
Just to preface, this was game 6 at Houston and the Jazz had a 3-2 lead. This is what I wrote:
"The score was tied at 100-100. It was the Jazz ball. With 2.8 seconds left in the game, Russell inbounded the ball to Stockton who shot a 26 foot 3 pointer. My family and Kyle were at the edge of the couch wide eyed. Our heart stopped when he shot that shot. Stockton swooshed it!! It was the best feeling in the world. John Stockton sent the Utah Jazz for the 1st time ever to the NBA Finals to play the 4 time championship team- the Bulls. We played our guts out!"
This is one of the many drawings I did in my journal. Funny, funny. With the playoffs beginning soon(well not till May)-- rest assured, Danny, me, little Whitney, and the pups will be watching lots of basketball! Go Jazz!

4 comments:

Tim said...

Tim and I watched the Jazz play the Lakers on TV. And we were talking about how all the Jazz fans HATE Kobe. haha And I guess it is true with you! haha But I have to say that it was a shame that a JAZZ fan threw a water bottle on the court. That could have hit someone! Someone important like our KOBE! haha SHAME SHAME!

Tim said...

Oops...Tim didn't say that. I did. I am on Tim's computer.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Oh Mindi you and your Jazz! So funny!

My Advanced Credit said...

Mini we all know you never beat me at basketball, and the only time you made me cry was when you threw the ball at my face and it hit me in the eye, (i have sensitive eyes and i tear up when they get hit with a basketball.) and as for the jazz plain words are inadequate to express my feelings and so i must explain how i feel with poetry.

Oh Utah Jazz, how you have filled my life with joy. But not everlasting joy that might come from a toy.
For every season has ended with tragedy and loss. My heart will not be mended, as a rock is to moss.
To many tears, To many fears. Will they ever win??? Only if Kobe moves Nairobi, or gets hit in the head by an angry jazz fan with a bottle of empty Sobe.