Monday, May 13, 2013

Christmas is remembering Jesus Christ

I realize it's half way through the year and I am now just getting to blogging about Christmas. 
Once nursing school started, it took over every spare second.
I don't want to forget about the blog, though. My kids like looking at and reading about past memories. 
So for their sake, better late then never. 

This Christmas I wanted my kids to do something memorable and give some service in a way that they would remember so we decided to make gift baskets and give them to any-- strangers-- downtown.
Whitney signed her name in the Book of Mormon, we made bread, gave gift cards to Wendy's and gave them oranges. 
The kids helped with every step and hopefully it helped them to remember that Christmas isn't just about Santa and presents but it's about celebrating Christ's birth and giving service is one way we can thank Him for all our many blessings.







No comments: