Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fresh Orange Cookies

I came upon this yummy recipe a loonngg time ago through Danny's mom, Vicki. She made these cookies before we were even married and I thought that they were so good. I have made them a couple of times since and decided to make them again a couple of weeks ago. They were as good as I had remembered them! Light and airy.. different.. and a fun summer time treat. My handy helper, Whitney, is ALWAYS by my side and is becoming quite the little cook. She is a pro at cracking eggs and can do it all by herself! She gets out all the ingredients and knows what is what. She "cracks" me up... no pun intended. ;)

Enjoy:

Fresh Orange Cookies:
1 1/2 C sugar
1 C butter, softened
1 C sour cream
2 eggs
4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 C fresh orange juice
3 tbs grated orange peel (about 3 oranges)

Frosting:
1 cube butter, melted
4 C powdered sugar
2 tbs orange zest
4-5 tbs fresh orange juice

*Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar and 1 c butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and eggs, blend well. Mix in orange juice and orange peel. Add all remaining cookie ingredients. {The dough will be sticky. Use an ice cream scoop to put onto cookie sheet.}
*Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. {I baked mine for 10 and they turned out perfect.}
*Make the frosting and frost when the cookies have been cooled.


My taste tester, Hank. He loved them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They sound good! I love to bake so I'll have to try it! Thanks for the recipe!

Amber said...

my mom just emailed me this recipe today! crazy! they must be yummi!