Monday, April 25, 2011

Cabin Fun

This weekend was really fun, but I was not the nicest person in the world. I was so grouchy.. I'd like to blame it on the menstruation cycle- I hate to use that as an excuse, but I just might. Thankfully, my wonderful husband is just that. Wonderful. And very patient. We went up to Danny's family cabin over the weekend and it was cold! We got up there Friday night around 10ish. There is no heat but a fire and we did bring up a little space heater. We all got settled into bed and to make a LONG story SHORT.. Danny stole the big blanket (claiming he was bigger so he needed it) and half way through the night took MY pillow (because apparently he needs 2 to sleep with.) I had a teeny blanket- no pillow and honestly.. it was like 20 or 30 degree's ok maybe 40.. I don't know what the temperature it was but it was FREEZING! All the while, Whit and Danny are sleeping very comfortably- with 2 pillows and a huge blanket. Hank and I woke up at like 6 AM because it was so cold and I was grouchy until I got warm.. which was like 1 pm ish.

I finally got nice :)...My family came up in the afternoon, we played card games, dyed easter eggs and just hung out. Fun times! Next time though, I will be prepared for cold weather or HOPEFULLY it will be a bit warmer.


We were all happy in this pic. :)


gma Suz and Whit dyeing easter eggs.

Whit, Jess and Parker

Die hard fishermen.. Jess, Parker and Danny fished for over 1 hour in the snow. Crazy.

Eating a cupcake

Great gma Donna and Hank

Ok.. I may be smiling in this picture but I am not happy! It was like 6 AM and cold.


Danny getting the fire going and his little twin helping him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you! Those men and their covers I swear. easy trick just tuck your side of the bed in when you climb in then its harder for them

The Neilson Family said...

Mind you are so patient. Dont be hard on your self! I wouldn't want to sleep in the cold either. Looks like you had a good time though! Love the pics! xoxo