Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Mom, I am so obsessed with lapstick"-- Whitney


I have mentioned before the obsession that Whitney has with lapstick (lipstick) but it has gone to a whole new level. She now has a purse with all her lapsticks in it that she has with her all of the time. We leave the house.. the purse comes with us. We go to sleep… the purse sleeps with us. And there isn’t just a couple of lapsticks in the purse, there is a whole bunch, 18 + to be exact. Her purse is literally bursting at the seems. She likes to take them all out, line them up and count them. She asks me multiple times a day “Mom which lapstick do you want?” And I will respond with one of the many flavors that she has… bubblegum, pepsi, strawberry, chocolate, etc and she knows exactly which one it is and will give it to me. She knows all 18 of them, who gave them to her, the flavors, everything. It’s funny.

I made the mistake last week to show Whitney the “lapstick” aisle at the grocery store.. and it was all over. She stood there for over 5 minutes just mesmerized by the variety, colors, and flavors of them all. After telling Whitney it was time to go, she pulled my arm and said, “No mom, I’m not done looking.”.. and so we sat there for a bit longer. She picked one out very carefully and got a “lapstick” instead of a treat. Now every time we go to the grocery store she knows right where to go to get her “special treat.” She is a silly girl!



My mom gave her a little canvas bag that she use to put her lapsticks in, but now she just carries them all in her purse.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! they have a cute little Lapstick holder for like 20 kinds at target. This is so cute I hope she always loves her lapstick!

Aubrey Doyle said...

Little Whitney makes me laugh! She is such a cutie!

Lauren Bigelow said...

That is so cute! She is getting so big, it's crazy!

The Neilson Family said...

Little Whit you are too funny! Mind yes I do watch the bachelor. We must talk. I wasnt going to watch this season but Jerry and Katie know the girl from Utah. So I had to. You are too funny. Glad you are watching. We must talk again! Love ya!!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Whitney is my favorite! I guess everyone knows now what to get her for her birthday this year ;) I'm sure you'd love more variety!

Amber said...

That is hilarious! Lapstick cracks me up!!! you should get her the big box of all the lipsmackers for her birthday hahahaha