Thursday, December 9, 2010

Candy making and Christmas tree's

We started a new tradition this year with Danny's family. When his grandpa Doug was alive he use to make the most delicious candy that he actually sold to places. From October to December he would make candy all day long for the Christmas season. Unfortunately, I only knew him for about 6 months before he passed and didn't get to experience "grandpa Doug's" candy. This year we went up to Danny's parents the day after Thanksgiving and re created his yummy creations. I don't know the first thing about making candy so I didn't do much than just observe and help where I was needed. It was super fun though and a lot of work! We started around 2 pm and didn't get done until around 10 pm. We made peanut brittle, toffee, caramel, and party mints. We each got about 3 lbs of toffee and it was gone in a couple of days. I ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. SO YUMMY!!

Making the toffee.


Look at all that chocolate!


Also over Thanksgiving weekend we went and got our Christmas tree. I insist on getting a real tree every year. I realize they are more expensive and messy but they smell so good and I love going and picking out the tree. We always had a real tree growing up and I have the funnest memories going with my family to pick out a tree and then helping my mom decorate it... so the tradition continues with our little family.



I tried to get a picture with the kids and the dogs and this was the best I got.

Oh Christmas tree!

No comments: