Wednesday, November 17, 2010

some days..

Sometimes you have to have bad days so you can learn to appreciate the good ones. Today has been one of those "off" days for our crew. Whitney picked up Hank this morning off of the couch.. well she accidentally dropped him on the hard wood floor.. his poor face hit the ground so hard. So Hank was bawling, Whit naturally started crying, and mama lost it too. We were all crying and our day has been out of sorts since. Whit is having one of her sassy days.. but like REALLY SASSY! (I think that she spent half of the day in time out.) Finally by 4ish.. I needed to indulge myself.. I packed us up, went to Super Sonic got a LARGE Diet Coke (which I downed it in like 5 minutes) and then headed to Hagermann's for their sugar cookie.. i'm hooked.. I ate both mine AND 1/2 of Whitney's. I drove around for an hour to get Whitney to fall asleep and now I'm sitting in my driveway.. blogging and listening to some good ol' country music in my car because I don't DARE try and transfer her and I will gladly sit here all night if it means a little peace and quiet. :)

ahhh.. and I feel better! Nothing a like a good drive, diet coke, some sugar, and country music to calm your nerves.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every mom has those days and every mom needs an escape route too, I agree the diet coke and sitting listening to music is a good one.

laura said...

even when you have bad days, you are still the cutest mom ever. hank and whiney are so lucky to have you. can we meet little hank over thanksgiving??? xoxo.

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

I do that exact same thing.... drive, drink, eat something yummy, and let them sleep in the car as long as possible!

The Neilson Family said...

Mind I am so sorry! Hang in there! They are lucky to have you as a mommy. You are the best! Can't wait to see you soon!

The Neilson Family said...

Oh you should have had a chocolate doughnut!!

Angi Gerrie said...

Seriously! Change the diet coke to a dr.pepper and you have all of my relaxing secrets down.... Deakon has picked up nixon and dropped him twice in the last month. Poor babies

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

I have done the same thing a few times recently! This 3 kid thing gets out of hand sometimes!!! Especially with us all being girls:) It definitely does make you appreciate the better days!