Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hanks Blessing

We had Hank's blessing a couple of weeks ago (I'm a little bit behind on my posting) and it turned out really nice. Danny gave a beautiful blessing (which gratefully Vicki wrote down for us). He talked about the importance of his name. The name Harold.. Danny's step dad's name and Douglas, his grandpa's name. He talked about living up to their legacy of sacrifice, hard work, and humor. I love family names. I think they represent so much of the legacy that was left behind and the honor and privilege to move forward with the responsibility to live up to the name they have been given. But more importantly to just remember. Remember their loved ones. Like wise, our little Whitney Mae, is also a family name. My dad is named Whitney and Mae.. is my grandma Donna's middle name.

We had a little get together afterwards at my aunt and uncles house (thanks Scott and Lori). Our house is much too small to host family functions. :) I'm grateful for the gospel in my life and for the support from all of our family and friends.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Little Hank will probably need to know what an awesome family he comes from. Your family is so cute!

Amber said...

so fun!!! sounds like an amazing blessing!