Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Teeny Tiny Turtle

We lost our teeny tiny turtle as in.. he has passed away.. gone to heaven type of lost. And, I am REALLY sad about it! I get choked up even just thinking about it. I know he is just a turtle, but as of late I may have been a little neglectful towards him. With my busy work schedule (that is STRESSING me out by the way!) to just keeping up with Whitney, I let some things slide and the teeny tiny turtle was one of them… and the guilt is making me so sad! I would walk by him every day and not even realize that he was slowly dieing (hopefully not in too much pain) and I didn’t help him like I should have. L To our credit, we weren’t HORRIBLY neglectful.. we did feed him, soak him, and try to let him spend time outside every couple of days but it wasn’t enough. Yesterday, Danny was taking the turtle to our friend’s house to see if she could help him, but he died on the way in the car. So RIP little turtle, I’m so so sorry we didn’t realize you were sick until it was too late. We love you and will see you in heaven!



Another sad thing : we were fostering/ trying to find a home for Danny’s sister’s dog. (It’s a long story) so we had this dog for over a month. A cute little miniature pinture named Finn and we kept putting off trying to find him a home and kept going back and forth on whether or not to keep him. He is a great dog, good with Whitney, but we already have 2 dogs and he wasn’t totally trained and had occasional accidents in the house. (Which if I had taken the time to train him, he would have been fine.. another thing I feel guilty about) but finally we just decided to post him on KSL for free and someone called. Danny was at work so I had to be the one to give him away… and the caliber of the person that came to get him was a little bit sketchy.. I clung to him, completely lost it, and almost wouldn’t give him to the lady. I was being such a baby. So, I feel guilty about that too. I hope that he went to a decent home and is being loved and cared for.

I have become a crazy pregnant person that cries over everything and feels guilty over the smallest things. Poor Danny, he has to put up with all my weepiness! Hopefully we can all survive these last couple of months until little Hank arrives. AND HOPEFULLY by then, I will be a little less weepy, but I’m sure a whole lot more crazy!

5 comments:

The Hale Family said...

You are so not crazy.. We have a rat right now that is so so sick, I tried to even put her down while my husband has been gone and just couldn't do it, I cried and cried. Tonight she is really bad.. I'm hoping she hangs on until he gets home because I could bear her dying! We have had her for 3 years... It's a rat but I love her. Poor turtle... At least you know he is better now :) your little girl is such a doll! Also congrats on the baby boy, love the name!

The Neilson Family said...

That is so sad! I am sorry your turtle died. I guess that is one less pet you have to take care of! See you soon!!

Becka said...

Well, at least we got to meet him first!

Ahh, isn't pregnancy the greatest?

Broadheads said...

:( even I was sad for your little tiny turtle...I know that camden will be sad too. I will have to make sure to pack the plastic special turtle. So if you ever need anything let me know Id love to help. By the way we wish we saw more of you guys!

Anonymous said...

My name is Loren Westenskow. I came across your blog and wondered how we are related. I was raised in LaGrande, Oregon, am 64 yeas old. I had cousins raised in Murray, UT. My father was Melvin. Does any of that make sense to you. Your family is a very nice and happy looking group. I hope to hear from you. Loren Westenskow