Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Projects

Danny is officially off house arrest (thank goodness!!) and likes to flex is left calf muscle to anyone that will take notice to show off how buff it is. He says that he will have to do extra muscle training in his right calf to balance things out. He feels a little lopsided.

But while he was "stuck at home" for 20 days I begged and pleaded with him to build me a garden and after enough whining from me he eventually gave in and built me the cutest little box garden. We planted a few different tomato plants, cucumbers, zucchini, a pumpkin, melon and some corn. I love it! The other day I saw Whitney over there picking at one of the tomato plants. I went over and she had noticed that there were some ripe red cherry tomato's and she was picking them off. We found 2, picked them, ate them, and it was the best little summer treat.



Our little box garden and peach tree.

yummy!!



6 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

Oh gardens are so great... even though I dont have one! I wish I did! Im glad you used Danny's time efficiently! Now it will benefit the whole family!

The Neilson Family said...

Way to go Danny! Love that. I want one for sure one day. Glad little Whit is eating her veggies!!

Anonymous said...

cute garden! your talented i couldnt grow a thing!

Aubrey Doyle said...

Welcome to the gardener's club! I'm excited for you to have a garden and hope it's successful! My 1st garden has been my very best of 4 gardens (not sure why). The first picture makes your box look small so I wondered how you fit all your plants in. The pic with Whitney shows it's true size! Looks perfect!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Those tomato's are going to be awesome! I love the home grown one's and wish we had a yard to grow them :( oh well! .... Danny said the funniest thing to Turk the other day at the blessing. He said " I really miss you guys" I guess we need more quality time with Danny like we had last year at Powell! Funny boys!

KP & Amy said...

I want a garden box in the yard I don't have. That sounds so fun! Whitney is so cute and I can't believe how big she is.