Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mustache Motivation

*** Danny has finally started his PDA blog in which he posted his first post: "Mustache Motivation". I thought I would post his post on our blog and allow everyone (girls and boys alike) to partake in his first challenge. From the words of Danny, himself:***


They say a mind is a beautiful thing to waste, but so is a mustache.

A mustache, or lack thereof, has the ability to provide an incredible source of motivation. After Mindi read the first sentence she asked, "How can a mustache provide a source of motivation?" I told her that I would explain later in this entry.

Can’t live with em, can't live with out em.

I tend to be a person that can't live with them. Call me new fashioned, but it seems that every time I try to grow one out, it always starts to smell, but that only makes them more powerful. Think about it. What is the best way to accomplish a goal? Constant reminding, remembering, and persuasion.

Every time I will look in the mirror, eat food, wash my face, lick my lips, "scratch" my nose, put my finger to my lips to think, or kiss my wife I will be reminded, I have a goal to accomplish.

A co-worker sent an email to the team. The 100 push-up challenge, http://hundredpushups.com/ In the heat of excitement, I committed. Push ups are easy… 100 of them will be a cake walk... I maxed out at 40. I guess I have a little work to do.

Mustache Motivation; I will not shave my mustache until I can do 100 push-ups. This motivation technique couldn't have come at a worse time for my wife. For weeks we have been trying to set up family pictures. Sorry Mindi, at least we can look back at these pictures and remember I must have been trying to accomplish something important.

So the next time you see a man with a mustache, or a woman for that matter, do not prejudge, maybe they are working on some strenuous goal. The hairier and smellier the better.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

So on mothers day I was talking to my mom's neighbor and he was telling me about his new mustache and why it was a motivation to lose weight..the exact same thing! I told him there was someone else out there with the same idea..too funny!

Broadheads said...

I am glad that your half way there...and that you'll sacrafice for photos this next week!