Friday, December 5, 2008

PDA 2009-

Personal Development Association 2009. To preface this post, my little brother is in 9th grade and we (me, Danny, Whit, and Megan) went to an assembly he was in a couple of days ago. Well going back to "the middle school era" really took Danny back in time. He re counted all of his middle school experiences with me, girls he kissed, AND then talked for awhile about how he was in band with Steve Kats and played the saxaphone. On our way home he was silent (his mind was churning and I knew that he was up to something), out of nowhere we had the following conversation:

Danny(talking really enthuastically): Tell me what you think of this idea, I'm thinking of creating a really sweet thing called PDA, Personal Development Association. We will create a blog and we will just work on personal things/talents that we want to learn. We will have performances every month to show our progress and then concerts every 6 months. Anyone can participate if they want to. I already know of a couple of guys that would love to get in on this.

Me: Ok. Sure. Whatever you want. What are you going to work on?

Danny: Well this is pretty much how my mornings are going to be from now on:
8:30-9:00 feed Whitney and play time
9:00-9:30 Personal study time. Scriptures/ books
9:30-10:00 Practice the Saxaphone
10:00-10:30 Learn Spanish/ piano
10:30 Go to work.


Me: Cool. Sounds great!

I didn't think that he was REALLY being serious. Danny's mind is in constant fast forward spurring off sometimes crazy random thoughts and ideas and so I just thought it was another one of those "conversations" that we have. Well, was I wrong! On our way home we had to stop off at a music store so that he could buy a saxaphone book to start practicing. When we got home, first thing, pulled out the saxaphone and went to work! He practiced for 1 1/2 hours and then practiced for an additional 45 minutes the following day. Cute, Dan.

So, I guess he was being serious and if anyone wants in on the PDA of 2009 let us know!(Danny has already created the blog.) So far there are 2 members, me and Danny and I guess Whitney as she develops her crawling/ walking techniques. As for me, I will be praticing the piano and will probably be learning a saxaphone/piano duet for Christmas. Sure do love my cute husband! ;)








7 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

We are so excited to see you guys in almost 1 week! That is great Danny. If I find something for me to work on I am in!

Laura N. said...

That is adorable. I will be sitting in the front row at that concert.

Aubrey Doyle said...

Hilarious! Gotta love crazy husbands!

Missy said...

Sign John and I up!! Though it will take me a while to think of something to work on...

Jenny Hart Turk said...

I can't wait to hear the performance at Donna Maes on Christmas eve. I'll have to maybe break out the flute and do a duet with billy on the trumpet.

Jessie said...

Danny, i'm in! how do i join the blog! i want to learn the piano again! YOU guys crack me up and i cant wait to come home and see everyone! those video's made me so stinkin excited, and whitney is so cute!i get to see you guys in 6 days! yay!

Brittney N said...

I know Jake will LOVE this idea! He has been practicing the piano every morning and wants to learn how to play really well. I'll tell him about the blog!