Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Holiday Festivities-


We had a great Christmas this year with many fun family activities, parties and lots of food. Our December has been jammed packed and Whitney has been such a little trooper! I could write in great and long detail all of the fun activities we did, but I'm sure it would bore most of you! Suffice to say, we have been very blessed this Christmas and are very lucky to be surrounded by so many great people!

To summarize our December, we started with the Wettstein Christmas party (I forgot my camera- so no pictures!) :( but we played the chimes to Christmas carols which is always a favorite of mine!

We also had a fun party at my Grandma Lindsey's. It is always fun to spend time with them and we love them lots! Whit got lots and lots of kisses from grandma and came home very spoiled.

We, of course, had a Christmas party up at Vicki and Harolds house where good homemade food is always in abundance! Everytime I go up there, I eat SO much food that I could probably go for a week without eating---NO exaggeration.

My Grandma Hart also celebrated her 80th birthday so we had a big birthday bash for her.

Grandma Hart and all the grandkids.




Grandma, my mom, and the uncles!

Our friends Christmas party was also a blast! The boys get so excited to see eachother that they are like little 2 year olds at Christmas and they don't stop smiling nor can they get enough of eachother! It reminds me of the good old days of hanging out all the time and makes me sad that half of us live out of the state! We had the Christmas party on Tuesday, December 23rd but that obviously wasn't enough. I think the boys have seen eachother everyday since, whether it be playing basketball, going to Wendover-- much to all the wives dismay and (no worries, it was Dannys brilliant idea) , hanging out late into the evening-- it has been such an awesome week and I'm sad that it has come to an end! I'm working on trying to get everyone to move back to Utah so we can do this all of the time!





John playing the flute. Maybe he'll join Danny's PDA club!





All of the boys!






All of the girls and the babies.











Jessie got home from Russia!! WAHOO! We have been waiting for this and counting down the days that Jessie would get home. She brought us lots of fun sourvenoirs from Russia, my personal favorite-- is Whitney's Russian hat that I cannot get enough of! It is SOOO cute! Danny went on his mission to Russia and was really sad that we couldn't go pick her up, but had fun talking Jessie's ear off about everything she did.


Jessie getting home from Russia.

We celebrated our 4th Anniversary. Danny made good this year with flowers, a whole box of Dunford chocolate donuts, and dinner with no cell phone. And he also went shopping and didn't complain once! It was great!

Christmas Eve is always my favorite. We always go to my grandma Harts and we reinact the Christmas story, sing songs, and have a talent show. It is my favorite day of the year! I love it! We had a lot of great talents this year. My favorite would have to be Silver Fox aka my uncle Bill playing the trumpet with Janie on the flute and Jenny on the piano. It was pretty funny! Danny didn't bring his saxaphone, he didn't feel very prepared, but he did sing Silent Night with my cousin Jake in Russian. Whitney was wearing her little Bronco cheerleading outfit and did a cheer with my mom for her talent!


The cute little sheppards and wise man acting out the nativity story.



Thanks to Whitneys very awesome hair dresser, Ali, we were successful in putting sponge curlers in her hair. It was so cute on Christmas day. Too bad we didn't go anywhere!



At grandma Harts just hanging out.

Scott, Danny, Wayne, and Kyle.




Dannys 2 favorite things-- the Broncos, and Russia.



Jake and Danny singing Silent Night in Russian.





Christmas day I came down with a lovely breast infection that came along with a fever so I didn't get ANY pictures of Whitney's first Christmas :( but we did go over to my mom and dad's and we opened presents and ate breakfast. Little Whit loves her grandma Suz and grandpa Whit and we are so grateful for them and everything that they do for us! We love you both so much and thank you for your great examples!

Another year has come and gone too fast! 2008 has been a great and trying year for us. Danny and I have been through a lot and grown closer together and closer to the Lord. We are excited for 2009 and the oppurtunities it brings and are grateful for this time of year, where we are able to remember the Savior's birth and are able to spend time with those we love. We hope that everyone had a great Christmas and a happy New Year!



Muffins and Mo exhausted from all the activities!

5 comments:

meganhiltonedps3140 said...

Hey I love this post! It was so cute! You and your family is so darn cute! This post has motivated me to update my blog, maybe! I am so sad you were so sick on Christmas but I am glad you are feeling better! Happy new year!

meganhiltonedps3140 said...

Oh my I have terrible grammar! Sorry for the poorly written comment!

darin.garner said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday...maybe when our baby comes our lives will be more exciting until then its boring :)Me and Jen need to come out one of these days...when I quit my job there will be no excuses

this is audrey said...

I can't believe you got mastitis! I got that once back in August, not fun! can't blame you for not going out!

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Aww mindi you are sweetheart! Thanks for the comments and for helping me make the blog too! I love the pics of Athan...he looks so little!