Friday, February 22, 2008

Little Whitney

It has been a LOONNGG time since we have updated our blog. We are way past due. I have been very bad, I blame it on the pregnancy. I have learned that you can blame almost anything on the pregnancy, it has its perks. So, we are getting closer and closer to becoming parents and it is very exciting! I’ll admit—We are little scared. Danny claims he will never change a dirty diaper--- And, just a few months ago he passed out by the sight of his own blood! (By the way he lost control of his bowls and farted twice). It was really funny! We both couldn't stop laughing. Other than that, Danny will make a wonderful father. I couldn't ask for a better husband who is so diligent in the gospel and honors his priesthood. I'll just make sure that my mom is there in the delivery room and I'm sure he'll get use to the diaper changing. :)


For those who don't know, we are having a little girl and naming her Whitney Mae. We are due at the beginning of April so it is coming up really fast! Danny and I joke that she is going to come out with both our worst qualities. She is going to get my total uncoordination and weird gestures and will get the infamous “Westenskow” bum. So, hopefully she gets Danny’s dance skills (it’s sad that Danny has better dance skills then me) and a mixture of the bum’s. Since I don’t have a bum and Danny is “all bum” a mixture would be nice. I posted a few pictures of Danny and I when we were little and what she could possibly look like. Poor girl!





Danny's cute bum! She's gonna be a little muscle girl...

... mixed with a pair of chicken legs and goofy gestures. (I'm the one in the overalls). Just a little background on the picture, I wanted to be as cool as Scooter and Kyle (my cousins) so I tried out the "tomboy" thing for a couple of years.

I'll admit, I was really a piece of work in my younger years. All joking aside, we are thrilled to bring this little baby into the world! It is such a miracle and we can't wait to be parents. (I really just wanted to show some funny pictures of when we were younger.)

We love you all and love checking out your cute blogs!


























11 comments:

Jamie said...

Mindi and Danny--LOVE the pics! Mindi, you are so cute, your sweet little girl is going to be beautiful! Just like her Mama!
Couple questions--Jared and Angelee? Expecting? (maybe I shouldn't post that...but just wanted to check)
And George??? WHAT the HECK? Mountain man??? What's he doing? I can't get a hold of him, do you have more info on his new adventure?
Jamie

My Advanced Credit said...

Why there is a picture of scoot and not me i don't know. Danny was such a dork hahaha. i was and am so much cooler than him. I miss the bass clarinet. ):

Becca S. said...

Oh my goodness. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading someone's blog. You're great. Your daughter will certainly have an awesome sense of humor.

Sara said...

Mindi, you're hilarious! Whitney is going to be the cutest girl alive. I loved all the pictures, Danny is pretty bootylicious, I can definitely relate. haha

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Oh, that poor little girl. If she looks anything like her daddy...

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I love this post, it gave me a good laugh! Thanks for being the best family ever! Whitney will be cute no matter what!

tothe4thfloor said...

That was hilarious. I must agree with everyone else that Whitney will be so cute. And Mindi I want to see cute preggo pics!! ASAP!

Brittney N said...

Hahaha, you guys look--I mean ARE-- hilarious! I can't wait to see the cute little baby!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

I was looking at your pictures of Danny now and then, and am just wondering if he is missing a chromosone? Just wondering?
let me know! Then that will stop all of my wondering.

Jen Bird said...

I'm so glad you updated! I've been waiting to hear what you've been up to, although I'll get to see you in a week and a half at your shower!! Your baby will be absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to see her. It's seriously coming so soon! Love ya and see you soon!

Chris and Hilary said...

Yay!I check your blog like every day waiting for an update! I am so excited for you guys! And just wait, one day you will be at the store while Danny is watching the baby, and she will have the biggest blow out diaper ever, and Danny will be the only one home to change it :)