Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mr. Mo

Our sweet Mo passed away August 31st. Hank’s 2nd birthday. He was 8, almost 9 years old. It was very hard to let him go, much harder than I expected. Whit cried for an hour  and me and Danny cried all through out the day. Despite the fact that we would make fun of him all the time, we really really loved the guy and his stubborn personality fit perfectly with our family and after 8 ½ years with him, he becomes more than just a dog.

Some of our favorite Mo memories:

We first got Mo when he was about 6 months old while living in St George. I remember coming home from work and watching him and Muffins having tug a war fights over the pillows as stuffing was flying all over my living room. We also bought brand new couches in SG and within a couple of weeks he had chewed the corners on 3 of them. Little stinker!!

When living in Draper, Danny had bought some chickens, the first round. Mo, very curious by nature, tried playing “freeze frame” with one of them and played the poor chicken to death. Danny was not pleased.

Mo was such a snuggle bum. Him and Muffins both slept with me and Danny for about 6 years. Craziness. His favorite place to sleep was on top of your head and he loved to snore. When we finally nixed the bed for the dogs, I would hear Mo pound his head on our closed door as he would try to get in. He finally broke that habit and him and Muffins would smother each other cuddling on the couch.

I hated this, but Danny loved to pin me down (to the point that I couldn’t move) and get the dogs riled up, especially Mo. He would come over and lick the crap out of my face and I’d have sick nasty bulldog slobber everywhere.

I don’t really remember this, but reading through past posts on my blog about the dogs, there was one when Whit  was little talking about how much she loved Mo and the special bond they had. (I’m grateful I have this blog to help me remember things!) But Mo did love little kids. He was always a little too curious but was the most gentle docile guy. He never once snapped at the kids (and trust me, there were many times that the kids pushed his limits and he would have been justified!)

Mo was completely harmless, but sometimes the neighbor kids were scared of him. He didn’t really have boundaries and loved everybody. One time, a cute girl came over to play and he wouldn’t stop jumping on her, pinning her to the ground, and humping her. Just givin her some love. She eventually left because he wouldn’t stop.

He loved indulging on the finer foods in life and the kids loved giving him whatever he wanted. He was a fantastic vacuum and ate whatever was dropped.

He also loved attacking moving objects or things that made loud sounds: the vacuum, lawn mower, even fire works. Every week when Danny mowed the lawn Mo wouldn’t be far behind him.

Mo was the best escape artist ever. He knew secret ways to get out of the yard or he would push his head on the gate to get it open. He was so smart in certain ways and so dumb in others.  He was always very determined and stubborn (sounds a lot like 3 other people I know and live with.) Almost daily, he would find a way out of the back yard and he would roam the neighborhood. He didn’t go far and he always came back.  Often times, his escaping was in the middle of the night and when he was done roaming he was too lazy to go back through the doggy door but would rather sit on the front porch and bark until we let him in. (That happened so many times I can’t even tell ya.) A lot of his roaming was also done by just walking in the middle of the street. He wouldn’t move when cars came by, but made cars go around him. Can you imagine  a big fat bulldog walking in the middle of the street??? What a tard. He didn’t care though. I am shocked he didn’t get hit. Everybody within a 6 house radius was very familiar with Mo and his daily adventures. They knew right where he lived and they would always bring him home (and close our gate for us.) PS We have great neighbors.

There was one night that we left our garage door open and I heard some teenage boys in our front yard at around 1 AM.  I look out the window, I see only the eye’s of Mo barking at these boys.. scaring them enough that I watched them hop into their car and drive away. What a good little boy.

In his later years, he resided on the couch for most of the day staring out the window, I think his favorite pastime, dreaming of younger more energetic days.

I miss the little man every day. 
Muffins seems lost without her brother.
It’s sad when I pull up into the drive way and I don’t see his fat face in the window.
He was a good boy.
We loved him lots.
We will see you again in heaven little buddy!















No comments: